Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   "Blind Spot" Mirror Insert Add Ons? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/blind-spot-mirror-insert-add-ons-43579.html)

ColoradoJeep 06-19-2012 03:22 PM

"Blind Spot" Mirror Insert Add Ons?

I recently rented a Ford Edge SUV in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, and it had small (perhaps 2"x2") blind spot mirror "inserts" in the upper outside corner of each side mirror. Does anyone know if there is a 3rd party "stick on" blind spot mirror insert for the WK2 GCs? Something that doesn't melt and fall off when the heated mirror is turned on?

Knightrider03m 06-19-2012 05:16 PM

Re: "Blind Spot" Mirror Insert Add Ons?

I've used the sticker ones on my heated mirrors with no problems in the pass. As for the topic, I don't know any that would have them inside the mirror.

ColoradoJeep 06-19-2012 07:45 PM

Where did you purchase the stick on ones? TKS

Knightrider03m 06-19-2012 08:02 PM

They are just cheap autozone mirrors for about $3 or so each.

armoredsaint 06-19-2012 08:13 PM

a lot of the round 2" ones from Auto stores/wal-mart work well for what it is. some are poorer quality than others.

JTS97Z28 06-19-2012 11:15 PM

For a while I was thinking you were wondering if there was a aftermarket blind spot monitoring system with stick on lights on the mirrors LOL. When I saw the word blind spot and add on thats what first came to mind. But now I understand your talking about the those things that some people put on their mirrors haha. Woops

B-Large241 09-06-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightrider03m (Post 645305)
I've used the sticker ones on my heated mirrors with no problems in the pass. As for the topic, I don't know any that would have them inside the mirror.

Yep, there are not any that come like that with the spotter mirror from the factory. SOURCE: I work at the factory that makes the Auto-Dim mirrors.

Vivid 09-06-2012 07:32 PM

Overland side mirrors FTW! I just look for the orange triangle.

black snow 09-06-2012 10:29 PM

Just bought a pair earlier today and will install tomorrow. Those stick on mirrors are not being affected by heated mirrors in my experience.

brandont 09-07-2012 06:45 AM

If you adjust your mirrors correctly you won't have a blind spot. Typically the outside mirrors need to be adjusted much further out than most people have them. An object should just start to appear in the outside mirrors as it leaves the range of the inside mirror. Then as the object leaves the range of the outside mirror they should be almost alongside you and you can see them with a slight turn of your head. :thumbsup:

andyh 09-07-2012 08:32 AM

Blind spot? Where?

Let Tom and Ray help you adjust your mirrors

Tybalt39 09-07-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandont (Post 680452)
If you adjust your mirrors correctly you won't have a blind spot. Typically the outside mirrors need to be adjusted much further out than most people have them. An object should just start to appear in the outside mirrors as it leaves the range of the inside mirror. Then as the object leaves the range of the outside mirror they should be almost alongside you and you can see them with a slight turn of your head. :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyh (Post 680479)

You guys are correct. It took some time to get used to the new mirror positions, but now that I am, it is a much better system with no blind spots.:thumbsup:

Who really needs to see the side panels of their vehicle anyway? I used to do so because I though it gave me a better visual guide to my distance from the other vehicle; but when the vehicle behind you smoothly transitions from the rear-view to the side-view with no loss of visual contact, there is no need for additional positional information.