Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   ARB Bullbar Delayed (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/arb-bullbar-delayed-43662.html)

savvas 06-20-2012 11:42 PM

ARB Bullbar Delayed

I received an email from ARB today regarding the GC bullbar....

Due to huge demand for our products and the release of numerous new and facelift vehicles in the last 12 months (many of which are fleet and trade vehicles), the Grand Cherokee bar development has been delayed. We're hoping to have something ready later this year but unfortunately I can't give you a more accurate ETA at this stage.

Kind regards, Sam (marketing).

yoda42 06-21-2012 01:05 AM

Bugger!😠

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?cjlfbq

josh3008 06-21-2012 03:23 AM

Re: ARB Bullbar Delayed

Grrrr. Hanging out for one....... Bet i still get one before the nudge bar brackets arrive

savvas 06-21-2012 03:46 AM

One thing that impressed me is that I sent my email enquiry a couple of months ago, and the St Peters branch manager responded back then. So this is an update to an old enquiry, which is quite good of them.

They must have me on record somewhere.

LeCheese 06-21-2012 05:53 PM

hopefully this gives them some time to bring out other accessories at the same time... probably not :(

scarps 06-21-2012 06:55 PM

I read an article (can't recall exactly where) the other day that our JGC model is one of the highest selling 4WD/SUV models in Australia with 000's of units sold predominantly to 30 to 60yo males. Now I'm no maketing guru, but I am one of these 30 to 60yo males and from what I've read on many forums, we all love our trucks and have $$$ burning holes in our pockets to add on accessories.
If there's an aftermarket manufacturer watching these forum, here's a great way to make some money - 'design and manufacture aftermarket products for the 2011/2 Grand Cherokee' before our better halves spend the money on what they want.

Jeeppleap 06-21-2012 07:56 PM

Scarps, Have you ever been over to the Caravanersforum - the Jeep page over there is more of a Jeep love fest than the Jeeps sites. You would think that they would be after a lot of accessories for touring. One thing though is I guess they could go with the ECB bar, as they may not find a winch compatible bar as high on the list - just roo, etc protection. Still though, there would be a lot of other products they would want that ARB makes...

allypally 06-21-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarps (Post 646356)
I read an article (can't recall exactly where) the other day that our JGC model is one of the highest selling 4WD/SUV models in Australia with 000's of units sold predominantly to 30 to 60yo males. Now I'm no maketing guru, but I am one of these 30 to 60yo males and from what I've read on many forums, we all love our trucks and have $$$ burning holes in our pockets to add on accessories.
If there's an aftermarket manufacturer watching these forum, here's a great way to make some money - 'design and manufacture aftermarket products for the 2011/2 Grand Cherokee' before our better halves spend the money on what they want.

By looking at your signature, you dont need any more addons. You already have just about everything. http://jeepgarage.org/images/icons/icon7.gif

scarps 06-22-2012 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeppleap (Post 646378)
Scarps, Have you ever been over to the Caravanersforum - the Jeep page over there is more of a Jeep love fest than the Jeeps sites. You would think that they would be after a lot of accessories for touring. One thing though is I guess they could go with the ECB bar, as they may not find a winch compatible bar as high on the list - just roo, etc protection. Still though, there would be a lot of other products they would want that ARB makes...

Yep, I'm there. Same call sign.

North Coast Wrangler 06-22-2012 06:40 PM

Saw the ecb bar for the first time today, got to say I'm not a fan of it made the front of the wk look like a steam engine and I reckon it was pulling the front suspension down by over an inch at least

savvas 06-24-2012 02:54 AM

I have a friend who is getting an ARB bullbar for their Prado 150. She had it lined up and ready to get done, when she got a call from ARB telling her there will be a 6 month wait.

She thought they were having her on, when she got another friend to call and enquire and he was told the same thing.

I suspect that they have got a massive order for a fleet of mining vehicles or something like that, causing manufacturing delays.

Just guessing though.

scarps 09-07-2012 04:09 PM

It's still delayed, although looks like YankeeDave will get one happening sooner.