Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Need opinions on which setup. Chrome or painted? Pics of both inside!

4K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  JRNYC 
#1 · (Edited)
So I recently got lucky and found someone selling a pair of painted mirror caps. I figure they are easy installation and can be reversed at anytime if I want to go back to stock. In a earlier thread I posted pictures of the removal of those large chrome side moulding pieces. Since I did this I thought about continuing the chrome removal.
I am 100% happy with the side moulding removal and addition of the SRT side letters. This morning I installed the painted mirror caps and removed the chrome fog bezels for my original black ones.
Here are some pictures to compare both setups and I am undecided. I will leave my Jeep like this for a few days and see if it grows on me. The cool thing is I can always swap the parts back around for a different look :)

Looking for opinions, which look do you guys like more? chrome mirrors and fog bezels, or painted mirrors and black bezels?

Thanks,
James

CHROME PICTURES:

PAINTED PICTURES:

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
me personally....I like the painted! LOL.. now do the grille and switch to the black SRT headlights!
I would love to do the black SRT headlights, but I can imagine that costing a pretty penny. As for the grill im still not 100% sold on the black grill of the Altitude model. I do however think a painted grill would look pretty nice! The best IMO would be the SRT grill which is painted and has a little chrome on it, but everyone here says its not compatible with the non-SRT bumper. When I compare pictures of the SRT and standard grill/bumper area they look identical. What is it that people say doesnt work?

#4 ·
theres a thread here where a member added the SRT grill. I though they just ground down some tabs or something?

Look on car-part.com for the headlamps. I got my Durango black HID, brand new for half price

#7 ·
You know I thought about that to. I might put on the chrome fog bezels and see how that looks with the painted caps. Its easy enough to do! I will try that and post a picture as well.

Thanks

#9 ·
I would have painted mirror caps and painted fog light bezels. My WK2 has the black fog light bezels which I am getting painted soon to match the car.

BTW I love your SRT "Grand Cherokee" badge on the doors!

#12 ·
JTS how hard is it to swap the bezels? How long does it take?

#15 ·
I may in the minority here, but I like that extra bit of chrome on Mineral Grey. It kinda blends nicely I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.