Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Auto High Beams = AWESOME (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/auto-high-beams-awesome-43727.html)

FAUEE 06-22-2012 06:40 PM

Auto High Beams = AWESOME

SO last night I had the "chance" to drive out to the airport in Charlotte, which is a decently boring drive with not much along the way in a lot of places. So I decided to try out the auto high beams, and I have to say, I'm impressed.

These guys work awesome, lighting up the road and turning back to low beams nearly instantly when a car comes up. Definitely a great feature, and they got the settings right on it for sure. It even knows enough to not turn them on when you're in the city or on the highway with the overhead lights.

With all the negativity out there, I figured I'd just mention just how awesome they worked. Jeep rode great and was super comfortable on the trip too, really can't complain about that.

Angler 06-22-2012 08:18 PM

Re: Auto High Beams = AWESOME

Good to know. I haven't had the opportunity to test that feature yet. I was very impressed with the adaptive cruise control when I am on the interstate highways and just about everything else on this very satisfying vehicle. Thanks for sharing; now I need to go see my brother out on his ranch, I guess. No street lights out there or pavement either. :D

Schweibs 06-22-2012 09:44 PM

Can someone tell me how to activate the auto high beams feature?

Jmarcher 06-22-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schweibs (Post 646901)
Can someone tell me how to activate the auto high beams feature?

Turn your head light dial to the far left position, and make sure, in your EVIC setup, that you have the "Auto High Beam" option checked.

FAUEE 06-22-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmarcher (Post 646905)
Turn your head light dial to the far left position, and make sure, in your EVIC setup, that you have the "Auto High Beam" option checked.

You also have to push the stalk towards the front of the vehicle to turn the auto high beams on.

Schweibs 06-22-2012 10:34 PM

Thanks guys! Will try this out as soon as I get a chance.

Schweibs 06-22-2012 10:56 PM

I don't have an auto high beam option I dug through everything in my EVIC. Is this feature only on the Limited/Overland WK2's? I have a Laredo BTW.

JTS97Z28 06-22-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schweibs (Post 646922)
I don't have an auto high beam option I dug through everything in my EVIC. Is this feature only on the Limited/Overland WK2's? I have a Laredo BTW.

Yeah it's only on the Limited, Overland, and SRT models.

I to like the smart beam high beams. I use them all the time. Another feature that IMO works flawlessly is the rain sensing wipers. They work at the exact speed I would want them at if I were controlling them manually. Love'em!

GMWK2 06-23-2012 02:41 AM

THe Laredo has auto high beam here in Australia - I agree that they are awesome.

Aiyer 06-23-2012 11:06 PM

I left it in Auto High Beams position since I bought the vehicle. Love it!

Pillbucket 06-24-2012 07:08 AM

I too think that Jeep did a great job of setting up the parameters for the auto high beam feature. It has been working well for me and I have not had other drivers bright light me so that tells me it is not bothering other drivers by turning on and off at the right distance.

SW03ES 06-24-2012 06:08 PM

Cool...whenever I think of auto high beams I think of a Lincoln my dad had in the early 90s, it had auto high beams and they were a train wreck. Glad to hear the technology has improved.