Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   What song are you listening to the most with your Jeep's radio (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/what-song-are-you-listening-to-the-most-with-your-jeeps-radio-43747.html)

jgc4ever 06-23-2012 09:35 AM

What song are you listening to the most with your Jeep's radio

Tears for Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World

armoredsaint 06-23-2012 09:52 AM

Re: What song are you listening to the most with your Jeep's radio

hard to say, combo of Sirius (Lithium) and my iPod

Sh4dyBuddha 06-23-2012 10:03 AM

Eyes on Fire by Blue Foundation
Can't get enough of her voice

JTS97Z28 06-23-2012 10:15 AM

90% of the time I listen to Sirius XM and the other 10% goes to bluetooth streaming from my iPhone. And occasionally on early morning drives to work I will kisten to AM 780 here in Chicago.
As for stations on Sirius I listen to its usually between one of the hits channels or top 20, I also like BPM, Shade 45, The Heat lol stuff like that and occasionally will listen to one of the comedy channels. I have never once used a CD in my new Overland, and never used one of the external inputs. Its all about Sirius and Bluetooth streaming!

Schweibs 06-23-2012 10:24 AM

Put on by Young Jeezy

Knighthawk36 06-23-2012 10:28 AM

Don Felder (Eagles) -- Heavy Metal (Takin' a Ride) or ANYTHING by Justin Hayward/The Moody Blues

padgett 06-23-2012 11:11 AM

For me it is not so much what as how. Being hearing impaired, audio is not that important. Have a lot of CDs but am slowly transforming CDs and Vinyl to mp3s.

For a long time the problem was that mp3 players (and can just plug a flash drive into the armrest) had no indexing. For awhile I was just buying cheap bulk 32 & 64M flash drives and putting a single album on 32 and a double on a 64.

Now with Android ICS I can index the albums and select individual songs by title. All fit easily (dunno the capacity) on a 16 GB SD card (ten bucks) and each shows as folders which I can select or singles from the folders into a playbook. Anything more I can download using a 3G connection (have a mobile MiFi device that can accomodate up to five WiFi connections).

Nice thing is that modern tablets can multitask so can play music (and quality is far better than Sirus IMNSHO) and display the Sat-Nav, read eMail (while stopped), surf, display engine diagnostics, or make a handsfree phone call (music holds) all usiing the same device. And is an easy upgrade when new tablets come out since the form factor is standard.

Only piece I am missing (any ideas ?) is a composite video input so that I can incorporate the back up camera and switch automagically when in reverse (or want a close look at the car behind). Right now that takes a seperate monitor.

Then I can look at replacing the radio in the dash with a MFD (multi function device) you can take with you when not in the car.

Not perfect yet, local backup and recovery for the applications is an issue and ICS has some BlueTooth problems that need correction but expect RSN (been hammering on the vendor for a month, finally admitted there is a problem).

Everything is here now, it is just a matter of integration. Am sure CJF is working on something similar but my engine instrumentation also can display and clear diagnostics, something am sure they do not want mere owners doing.

http://performanceresearch.us/velopets/music.jpg

BTW, this is a kludge but both cupholders are usable.

http://performanceresearch.us/velopets/dash3.jpg

Why settle for just audio ?

peckmv 06-23-2012 11:23 AM

Wish you were here - Pink Floyd:thumbsup:

jgc4ever 06-23-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by padgett (Post 647012)
For me it is not so much what as how. Being hearing impaired, audio is not that important. Have a lot of CDs but am slowly transforming CDs and Vinyl to mp3s.

Why settle for just audio ?

Just asking for one SONG that you listen to the most. It may not apply to you if you aren't consistenly choosing the same song over and over. Please start your own thread if you want to post something that is not what is being asked here.

padgett 06-23-2012 11:57 AM

OK, favorite is probably "Mr Piano Man" or ' bout anything from Bob Seger's "Nine Tonight" (flash most plugged in) but did you really need to quote my entire post if unhappy ?

andyh 06-23-2012 12:03 PM

Cnbc

peckmv 06-23-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyh (Post 647029)
Cnbc

You need to leave the dark side...