Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/)
-   -   Apexi super voltage stabilizer 5.7 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/apexi-super-voltage-stabilizer-5-7-a-43838.html)

dmsfun 06-25-2012 02:10 PM

Apexi super voltage stabilizer 5.7

I just installed the Apexi this morning, and after test driving at all speeds and WOT, no doubt the Hemi runs smoother, quieter, thorttle response is better, and I can't tell at all when MDS is on now. At slow speeds around 30 under light throttle when MDS is on, it responds instantly with no hestiations nowm and for some reason, the trans seems to shift better too. I expect mpg will improve also. Mounted it up on drivers side, just in front of the brake master cylinder, took 30 minutes or so. http://importperformanceparts.net/im...undstable.html

dmsfun 06-26-2012 08:45 AM

Re: Apexi super voltage stabilizer 5.7

Guys, this is one of the few mods that I've tried that is worth the $. Several have dyno tested these and seen 9-14 whp increase throughout the rpm range, and that is on small displacement Hondas, Scubies. I'm not going to dyno test but seat of the pants estimate is 15-20 whp on the Hemi, which is noticably smoother, quieter, and the trans also responds and downshifts quicker. It looks cool under the hood too, with the glowing red LED Apexi logo.

jeepgcoman 06-28-2012 11:10 AM

I know most of the engine/trans. sensors are "voltage sensitive", and can cause erratic operation due to over/under voltage or spikes. Where did you hook up all the grounding/bonding wires? How many are there? How long did it take? Are there specific instructions for the Jeep electrical system, or do you have to hunt down the points? Keep us posted on any other improvements noted.

Madanio24 06-28-2012 07:02 PM

I believe its just like a standard big upgrade. The ground points are battery, fender, engine. Positive is battery. I really would like to know if the led light stays on all the time?

brentwoodkris 06-29-2012 10:06 AM

Hmmm, we should get a group buy going on these. $209 is a bit pricey IMHO.

brentwoodkris 06-29-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madanio24 (Post 649415)
I believe its just like a standard big upgrade. The ground points are battery, fender, engine. Positive is battery. I really would like to know if the led light stays on all the time?

Linky to the instructions to do it on the cheap for the WK?

Madanio24 06-29-2012 06:37 PM

Im down for a group buy. I really want this. I believe the voltage stabilizer works by using thicker cabling from the negative side of the battery which conencts to two places: Frame of the car and engine. I believe the voltage stabalizer also connects to the positive side of the battery

dmsfun 07-01-2012 09:34 AM

The Apexi connects to both the positive and negative terminals on the battery , and then has 3 other ground wires. I connected the 3 to the alternator, engine head, and frame ground just south of the battery, and those are the results posted above. I just switched the alternator one to the top left bolt on the ported TB this morning and will see how it compares over the next week, as I've heard TB grounding may be helpful too. The engine head already has a tapped hole on the drivers front side, so I just put a bolt in there with the ground wire. It runs great both ways, smoother / quieter at all RPM with more pickup.
Not sure how to post a pic here, but I mounted the box horizontally (this is reccomended) in front of (towards front of vehicle) the brake master cylinder.
The red LED stays on all the time; LED's use so little power that it does not drain the battery.

hoffmanestates 07-01-2012 10:14 AM

all these "high tech" jdm parts are simple DIY. pretty much do a ground mod run multiple ground wires..... that alone helps...
this apexi reminds me of a capacitor...like u would use on a sound system..
and butt dyno are missleading... its just a feeling
Turbo charged G2X using tapatalk 2

dmsfun 07-01-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madanio24 (Post 649415)

Nope, the APexi is a whole lot more than a ground kit; it uses
high capacity double condensers and double noise filters, which
smooth turbulant electrical current, rid all spikes, and provide a stable and consistent voltage flow to all vehicles electrical components.
Doubling the condenser / noise filter, the battery now produces a very solid stable voltage current. Wires are temperature resistant, ultra conductive 8 sq. OFC cable (non-oxidized copper) dia. 0.12mm X 665 inter-twined wire, up to 75A current
All vehicle electrical components perform at maximum efficiency; even the stereo sounds better.

dmsfun 07-01-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoffmanestates (Post 650323)
all these "high tech" jdm parts are simple DIY. pretty much do a ground mod run multiple ground wires..... that alone helps...
this apexi reminds me of a capacitor...like u would use on a sound system..
and butt dyno are missleading... its just a feeling
Turbo charged G2X using tapatalk 2

It's been dyno proven many times, and no doubt it is quicker, smoother and quieter. No the butt dyno is not misleading, it surely runs better. From all the mods etc.. I have done, The most beneficial/ cost effective you can do to a Hemi, which are all easy to do are
1). Catch Can
2). MM 85 mm CNC ported TB
3). Apexi super voltage stabilizer
4) Seafoam

Total cost of about $ 700, and the engine is very quiet, smooth and faster responding at all RPM. Low end torque is particularly far better which is ideal for street. These will easily blow the doors off any 5.7 WK with a CAI and catback, which are similar cost, and just make a bunch of noise in comparison, from my testing.

Madanio24 07-01-2012 10:45 AM

well that sounds pretty good. i have dual batteries which push 2400 amps so i think i wont need this mod. i do want torun 0awg wire to the second battery and run multiple ground wires