Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   OK, I won't pretend the SRT8 will be offroad much either but hey guess what... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/ok-i-wont-pretend-the-srt8-will-be-offroad-much-either-but-hey-guess-what-43844.html)

Overspin 06-25-2012 05:28 PM

OK, I won't pretend the SRT8 will be offroad much either but hey guess what...

today I saw a Buick Enclave with brush bars! Hahahahaha:lol:

Knightrider03m 06-25-2012 06:09 PM

Re: OK, I won't pretend the SRT8 will be offroad much either but hey guess what...

Deer maybe?

mTBrunner83 06-25-2012 06:15 PM

Re: OK, I won't pretend the SRT8 will be offroad much either but hey guess what...

This is deer country out here you see a lot of fancy luxury SUV's with brush guards as they have tried the deer whistles to no such luck. The brush guard does save the vehicles, but they still come out with a great amount of damage.
I last hit one with a freightliner at 4 in the morning. Still did considerable damage but nothing that couldn't be driven off from.

Overspin 06-25-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightrider03m (Post 648001)
Deer maybe?

Good guess Knightrider03m, but nooooo.....this was in the city. Something like the time I saw a Landie in Manhattan with brush bars. You just gotta wonder what are they thinking?

Knightrider03m 06-25-2012 06:31 PM

^^^

I work in the city but live in the sticks were the deer roam. He/she could be just like me.

mTBrunner83 06-25-2012 06:39 PM

I must admit I had a bull bar on my jeep just for looks. I don't believe I have seen WK2 with a brush guard or bull bar yet.

Overspin 06-25-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightrider03m (Post 648013)
^^^

I work in the city but live in the sticks were the deer roam. He/she could be just like me.

Never thought of that, and I can see it might be useful on a Jeep. But.....a Buick Enclave? Are there any rural owners?

mTBrunner83 06-25-2012 06:50 PM

I am rural and there are plenty of enclaves out here. 30 miles north of Louisville.

ItsAJeepThing 06-25-2012 06:53 PM

I remember driving down to PA, to visit some friends. There was an old (80s) M. Benz, I think s class. He had a tree chained to the back, instead of a rear bumper. Shouldve taken a pic

Overspin 06-25-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mTBrunner83 (Post 648022)
I am rural and there are plenty of enclaves out here. 30 miles north of Louisville.

Yeah, well I guess it just struck me as odd. A Jeep equipped that way seems OK to me, but an Enclave with brush bars just looks wrong. Seems like they should be more confined to cycling through Walmart parking lots. Do you see them equipped that way?

mTBrunner83 06-25-2012 07:02 PM

There are a couple with Brush guards. The Enclave is such a huge vehicle (It doesn't look like it from the outside) I don't think it could really do more than transport large families. But yeah the deer has people protecting themselves.

BostonDMD 06-25-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overspin (Post 647979)
today I saw a Buick Enclave with brush bars! Hahahahaha:lol:

The Buick will use the brush bars probably as much as most Jeep SRT-8 will use their track mode function........ just a sad fact.....