Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   Grand Cheroke Larado Diesel (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/grand-cheroke-larado-diesel-43864.html)

Lakota 06-26-2012 03:57 AM

Grand Cheroke Larado Diesel

I have just had a bull bar fitted and I also had spot lights to fit but it appwars knowledge of how to fit spot lights is limited. I ahve contacted several jeep dealerships in Queensland and asked about experience with fitting spot lights and there does not appear to be anyone who will tackle the job. Any advice on who to contact?:rolleyes:

Redjgc 06-26-2012 06:02 AM

Re: Grand Cheroke Larado Diesel

Hi Lakota, sorry cant help you but what kind/brand bull bar did install?

ENFORCER 06-26-2012 05:53 PM

The reason no one wants the job is because of the CANBus wiring system in these cars. Any decent 4x4 place or Auto Electrician should be able to help you out, as CANBus has been around for a while. The one tip is to use a reputable brand of lights, as the cheap spotlights are prone to more problems.

Hickers 06-26-2012 09:55 PM

Courtesy of Rob Chez who helped me out with this information

Driving Light Trigger
I dropped into Jeep Service Department this morning and asked whether they could tell me which wire was the high beam feed. They were actually very helpful. After checking which lighting option my jeep has against the VIN they looked up their service computer. They gave me a copy of the wiring code for the main connector for my RHS headlight assembly. There is a 12 pin connector which feeds the headlight. Pulling it out and looking at it front on, pin A1 is top right hand pin & A12 is bottom left hand pin. The RIGHT HIGH BEAM DRIVER wire is pin A9, WT/GY wire. I'll try to complete wiring during the week, or at worst on the weekend. Rest of the wiring code as follows:

Pin Wire Colour Function
A1 WT/DB Headlamp leveling sensor rear signal
A2 WT Headlamp leveling sensor 5 volt supply
A3 BK/LG Right headlamp return signal
A4 WT/LG Can C Bus (+)
A5 WT/TN Right low beam driver
A6 WT/VT Lin bus lighting sig rt
A7 WT/DG Headlamp leveling sensor front signal
A8 WT/BR Headlamp leveling sensor return
A9 WT/GY Right high beam driver
A10 WT/LB Can C Bus (-)
A11 PK/YL Fused ignition run control output
A12 WT/OR Lin lighting

allypally 06-27-2012 12:20 AM

Good work Hickers. You get a formal THANKS for that.
Hopefully by making that connection you do not upset CANBUS with the additional load, and all works fine.
Did you know you can also now get wireless relays, which may eliminate the need to run wires back to an independent switch?

Hickers 06-27-2012 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allypally (Post 648657)
Good work Hickers. You get a formal THANKS for that.
Hopefully by making that connection you do not upset CANBUS with the additional load, and all works fine.
Did you know you can also now get wireless relays, which may eliminate the need to run wires back to an independent switch?

All thanks to Rob, he found the info! That wireless idea sounds good too, lets hope the wire hook up works, i am waiting for Rob to connect his lights up to see the outcome and will post the result here!!!

Lakota 06-27-2012 05:02 AM

Ecb grey hematone for mineral grey laredo diesel looks awesome