Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f162/)
-   -   No sound from rear speakers or subs (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f162/no-sound-from-rear-speakers-or-subs-43906.html)

mjw930 06-26-2012 07:21 PM

No sound from rear speakers or subs

I just picked up my new SRT and noticed the sound system sounded different, less robust than the system in my overland but with all the excitement of looking over the entire truck to mark items that need to be addressed I didn't even bother with the fader until I got home. When I fade to the rear there NOTHING!

I'm about to dig around and make sure all the connections to the amp are tight and of course it goes right back to the dealer tomorrow but I'm wondering if anyone else had this issue and if so, what was done to fix it?

Oh, it's the SRT sound system (required option).

mlarco52 06-26-2012 07:33 PM

Re: No sound from rear speakers or subs

I had this happen to me when I had after market subwoofers and stuff installed turned out it was something with the bluetooth and phone calls. All I did was hook up my phone to the trucks bluetooth and made a couple calls through the bluetooth system in the truck and it started working again right after. When the bluetooth system is active it only uses the front speakers and disables everything in the back so maybe its stuck in that mode and needs to be reset via a phone call being made through the system and then ending the call from the touch screen.

Go give it a shot can't hurt.

mjw930 06-26-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlarco52 (Post 648512)
I had this happen to me when I had after market subwoofers and stuff installed turned out it was something with the bluetooth and phone calls. All I did was hook up my phone to the trucks bluetooth and made a couple calls through the bluetooth system in the truck and it started working again right after. When the bluetooth system is active it only uses the front speakers and disables everything in the back so maybe its stuck in that mode and needs to be reset via a phone call being made through the system and then ending the call from the touch screen.

Go give it a shot can't hurt.

Coincidentally I was just doing that, checking all the settings including adjusting the audio prompts. After it said, "U-Connect Phone" all the speakers started working. It must have been stuck in a prompt mode and that forced it to reset.

I guess great minds think alike and you gotta love this forum, had I not found it your suggestion would have worked :thumbsup:

mlarco52 06-26-2012 07:46 PM

Woot glad it worked out! I was watching this thread as I was doing some work to see what the outcome was.