Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Rust on my window trim??? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/rust-on-my-window-trim-43948.html)

Melissa5366 06-27-2012 11:10 AM

Rust on my window trim???

Is anyone else having this problem?? I have been getting little rust spots on my chrome window trim. It's really pissing me off. I've only had the car 7 months, and 6000 miles on it. :slapfight: If anyone else has had this problem what did you do? I mean i'm fine with taking it back to the dealer, cause this crap shouldn't happen, just want to know if anyone else had this problem and what the dealer might have said. Also is anyone having problems with their key fob dying?? I have to press the fob a thousand times it feels like before the stupid thing will unlock. Any answers here would be greatly appricated.

KustomRider8 06-27-2012 11:39 AM

Re: Rust on my window trim???

try replacing the battery first, see if that works,
sorry to hear about the chrome window trim...thats BS!

Melissa5366 06-27-2012 11:57 AM

Should i really have to replace the battery so early?? I should make them pay for it right :D

ColinIllinois 06-27-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melissa5366 (Post 648804)
Should i really have to replace the battery so early?? I should make them pay for it right :D

You may be joking but the batteries are less than a couple of bucks. I haven't heard of the chrome doing that though. Is your car washed regularly?

armoredsaint 06-27-2012 12:01 PM

test with your other keyfob to compare

bmrisko 06-27-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melissa5366 (Post 648804)

Your time must not be worth very much...

Yadkin 06-27-2012 12:07 PM

I think that the trim is stainless steel. I'm not sure what would cause it to rust.

five.7 Hemi 06-27-2012 01:08 PM

are the rust spots on the trim only......look really really close at the paint.
I've seen this before and its usually rust deposits caused by brake dust or some other source.

Jdsmitty10 06-27-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by five.7 Hemi (Post 648844)
are the rust spots on the trim only......look really really close at the paint.
I've seen this before and its usually rust deposits caused by brake dust or some other source.

What this guy said. That's what it is. The trim is stainless.. My white jeep has little orange spots on the paint and trim from the day I brought it home from the railway dust. Plus the brake dust does it too.. Never tried it but clay bar is supposed to take it off.. My white truck has those specks too..

MikeD 06-27-2012 01:42 PM

I had the same thing on mine and just used Meguiars cleaner wax and it removed all the rust spots, I got them from salt on the road's in the winter.

Jdsmitty10 06-27-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeD (Post 648870)
I had the same thing on mine and just used Meguiars cleaner wax and it removed all the rust spots, I got them from salt on the road's in the winter.

Gonna try that on mine. Just bought a bottle of that...

armoredsaint 06-27-2012 05:39 PM

how about pics of the rust?