Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Someone please help me (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/someone-please-help-me-44027.html)

Eugene The Jeep 06-28-2012 11:35 PM

Someone please help me

I bought a Laredo X a month ago. Unbeknownst to me at the time of the purchase, this car is either equipped with 1) some kind of ambient noise volume compensation feature, or 2) a speed-sensitive volume feature.

I have been on the phone with Chrysler/U-Connect and the dealership for weeks on end. HOW THE HELL DO YOU DISABLE THIS FEATURE? I can't even enjoy music anymore. There is absolutely no mention of the feature in the owner's manual.

Is there a mic in the cabin somewhere? or is the stereo getting a reading from the speedo? This is utterly ridiculous that they would do this. I am about ready to negotiate a buyback on this car under CA lemon law.

ColdCase 06-29-2012 05:50 AM

Re: Someone please help me

No speed sensing, but the music volume is turned down when nav turn by turn directions, phone calls, and other warnings are sounded. Some here, I think, found that they had to turn all the audible warnings off to get a constant volume.

Otherwise you have a defective radio or harness.

Eugene The Jeep 06-29-2012 09:22 AM

It does have speed sensing. U-Connect has
Confirmed that.

Leeroy044 06-29-2012 02:14 PM

I've noticed my 2012 overland randomly changing volume with speed but it is very insignificant... sorry, man. If you figure it out, let me know please.

kennzz05 06-29-2012 03:05 PM

well if they confirmed it than why cant they tell u how to get around it?
and i would be highly amazed if you could ever qualify for a lemon law claim based on that complaint, in fact i think id eat my spare tire if you could

2012 Summit 06-29-2012 03:22 PM

Lemon Law? Are you serious?

Eugene The Jeep 06-29-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennzz05 (Post 649753)
well if they confirmed it than why cant they tell u how to get around it?
and i would be highly amazed if you could ever qualify for a lemon law claim based on that complaint, in fact i think id eat my spare tire if you could

Get out your knife and fork, then. Chrysler has "escalated" my case to to a buyback because they do not have an answer/fix for this problem.

jgc4ever 06-29-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eugene The Jeep (Post 649948)
Get out your knife and fork, then. Chrysler has "escalated" my case to to a buyback because they do not have an answer/fix for this problem.

:lol: :thumbsup:

Justal13 06-30-2012 12:00 AM

That is ridiculous. Chrysler media radios do not have speed sensitive volume. Period.

Do a search. This has been discussed multiple times in the Jeep, Chrysler and Dodge forums.

kennzz05 06-30-2012 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eugene The Jeep (Post 649948)

ill believe it when you post the paperwork, showing they took it back!!!
oh and by the way wk1 srt8= no spare, runflats:moon:
from a complaint and a post on a forum to a buyback in less than 12 hours no wonder california is broke

kennzz05 07-05-2012 02:48 AM

hum, no update?? guess they purchased the vehicle back and hes left the forum. wonder if he bought a murano

AAAA 07-05-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennzz05 (Post 652097)
hum, no update?? guess they purchased the vehicle back and hes left the forum. wonder if he bought a murano

:rolleyes::lol: