Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/)
-   -   Feedback on V6 w/ dual exhausts? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/feedback-on-v6-w-dual-exhausts-44038.html)

bigpanda 06-29-2012 09:09 AM

Feedback on V6 w/ dual exhausts?

Since I can't get Hemi here in oversea, I've been thinking of replacing OEM exhaust system. I noticed some of the members here have dual exhausts installed and would like to hear some feedback on them.

I thought about getting complete system from either Magnaflow or Borla but have concern about loss of low end torque. I honestly don't think these dual exhaust systems from either Magnaflow or Borla, (or even OEM one for Hemi) originally designed for V8 Hemi will improve V6's performance. FYI, I have an Airaid CAI installed.

Then I talked to several custom exhaust shops for possible custom set-up and they recommened replacing only end mufflers with keeping OEM resonator. They said they would split the pipe after resonator to two smaller diameter ones(Y shape) and lead them to custom mufflers. And for fun, one shop gave me this idea of having dual tips for each muffler. So, quad tips in the back.

So, for those of you with dual set-up for V6, are you happy with your system? Do you feel any loss of torque at cenrtain RPM range? Any drone or too much noise? How's the quality of your set-up? Thanks much in advance.

JTS97Z28 06-29-2012 09:35 AM

Re: Feedback on V6 w/ dual exhausts?

I dont have a dual exhaust system on my 306 (yet), but their ideas sound ok with the exception of the quad tips. The lower rear ehxuats outlet cover is not designed to fit quad tips and would just look weird. It is perfectly shaped and sized to fit two real nice thick rolled tips like you see on the aftermarlet system with the best looking system IMO being the Corsa. Those tips are perfect on the WK2. I have thought about the custin route myself, but something about me just wont let me hack up parts on my car. If I wanna do it I want to buy a complete system that can be removed at a later date if I wanted and have the OEM system put back on.

James

Scottina06 06-29-2012 09:38 AM

Check out jeepgarage.org on YouTube....I have my v6 on there with a magnaflow

armoredsaint 06-29-2012 12:46 PM

there's another video on youtube with some guy doing the same, i think it was borla?

bigpanda 06-29-2012 06:41 PM

I have seen youtube vids of V6s with dual and they sound good. But I'm looking for info on possible loss of low end torque.

Scottina06 06-29-2012 06:45 PM

I have a true dual magnaflow, airaid intake (and soon to add fastman 80mm tb) and I didnt feel like it lost any low end torque. I feel like it has more hp and tq. i dont have any numbers besides those from my butt dyno....LOL

FlyinRyan 06-29-2012 07:03 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

bigpanda 06-29-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 649850)
I have a true dual magnaflow, airaid intake (and soon to add fastman 80mm tb) and I didnt feel like it lost any low end torque. I feel like it has more hp and tq. i dont have any numbers besides those from my butt dyno....LOL

Thats sounds more encouraging. But, didn't your Durango(Heat model?) come with OEM dual set-up? So, I guess replacing OEM dual with aftermarket dual wouldn't make much difference.

I saw a comment of someone on this forum saying he contacted Maganaflow regarding using a Maganaflow for Hemi for V6 and they said there might be low end torque loss.

Scottina06 06-29-2012 08:00 PM

mine was custom built by Magnaflow and is a work of art IMO. I dont think its the dual exhaust they sell for the v8....but it could be similar.

bigpanda 06-29-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 649884)
mine was custom built by Magnaflow and is a work of art IMO. I dont think its the dual exhaust they sell for the v8....but it could be similar.

Nice... I didn't know they do custom job.

Scottina06 06-29-2012 09:14 PM