Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f198/)
-   -   To lift or not to lift? What do ya'll think? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f198/to-lift-or-not-to-lift-what-do-yall-think-44067.html)

honda_fox3 06-30-2012 02:17 AM

To lift or not to lift? What do ya'll think?

I'm just kicking around the idea. Still have a ways to go till I have to really worry about making the decision but I want your input. I don't do a LOT of offroad but I do some and live in the area to do as much as I want as well as snow driving. Mostly the jeep will be used for taking the family camping/pulling the trailer, hauling atv's and weekend projects and cruising around in. Not really a daily driver as my wife and I have long commutes and small cars for that.

I can't decide If I can justify a lift or not. If I did it would only be 2"-3" nothing huge. Or do I leave it stock? Just level it? Lets hear it guys and gals. Please leave comments if you'd like. :thumbsup:

TheStreet16 06-30-2012 08:04 PM

Re: To lift or not to lift? What do ya'll think?

minimum 2" BB. that gives you some more clearance levels out the Jeep and allows you to fit a bigger tire with more aggressive tread underneath if you desire too.

as well, you can do the 3" IRO kit for 500 and be sitting pretty with a nice lift!

honda_fox3 07-06-2012 10:13 PM

Wow a total of 4 votes. You guys are a lot of help! :sleepy:

FlyinRyan 07-06-2012 10:32 PM

Been there, done that, I'd level it, get a JKS trackbar with the HD bushings, add good shocks, Addco rear sway bar, and leave it alone.

honda_fox3 07-14-2012 02:17 AM

Still undecided! Anymore feedback would be helpful.

bsmith0612 07-15-2012 10:48 PM

You seem to be unsure of the direction you would like to go. If you're unsure, i would say Level it. IMO, leveling looks nice on any vehicle.

Leveling give a nicer look, and will allow you to fit about a 31" tire with more aggressive tread, and the 31" tire will not harm fuel economy very much.

honda_fox3 07-15-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsmith0612 (Post 657086)
You seem to be unsure of the direction you would like to go. If you're unsure, i would say Level it. IMO, leveling looks nice on any vehicle.

Right you are sir.
I'm leaning towards leveling. I really don't do a whole lot of offroad stuff. And with a level I can run reps with a stock of maybe a little bigger than stock tire and keep my factory wheels with 31 tires for when I want to get more serious offroad and winter driving without one or the other looking goofy.
Of course this is just the start and I'll probably change it in the future, just how it goes with jeeps ha ha

bsmith0612 07-16-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustinmk4 (Post 657096)
Right you are sir.
I'm leaning towards leveling. I really don't do a whole lot of offroad stuff. And with a level I can run reps with a stock of maybe a little bigger than stock tire and keep my factory wheels with 31 tires for when I want to get more serious offroad and winter driving without one or the other looking goofy.
Of course this is just the start and I'll probably change it in the future, just how it goes with jeeps ha ha

I myself am saving for a 4 inch lift, the street look is sweet and all, but ive always been an offroad guy and plan on wheeling a little. Ive got a nice set of Vision Warrior wheels with Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's for everyday, but when i wanna actually wheel it, ill take the factory rims and put some 31" Treadwright's on it. those will double as my winter rims as well.

liquidxit2 08-03-2012 11:06 AM

Running a Kolak 3in OME HD setup on 5100 billys and Im in love! I have done sime light wheeling and lots and lots of hauling and man it made the WJ into what it should have been from the factory. Also recommenced addcos, new steering stabilizer and ISOs.

wjwithawj 10-31-2012 11:13 AM

Make it the weekend warrior