Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Just turned 6k kms! So far almost flawless!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/just-turned-6k-kms-so-far-almost-flawless-44108.html)

GTREVINOWK2 07-01-2012 12:47 AM

Just turned 6k kms! So far almost flawless!!

:) hey guys so far my wk2 has exceded mybexpectations... Not a single complaint, break in period was trouble free, just turned 6k kms this week almost 6.5 and i domt have a single issue... Here is the report:
1st innitial concern was break squeak, issue solved within afew hundred kms...
2nd issue: front right tire punctured, easy fix
3rd issue: minor fender bender just required a few drops of paint and voila! Back on the road.
I did my first oil change at 3k kms using 5w20 mobil1 extended performance + mopar oil filter
K&N drop in
XM external radio (since my nav system does not come with xm in mexico)
Hemi & 5.7l badges on the back door
Chrome fog light bezels
All weather mats

Next updates: diablosport catch can & volant cai...

nigelh 07-01-2012 10:05 AM

Me too, just done first 5000, kilometers that is, not a fault, totally flawless..

Mods done:
Chrome Fog Bezels.
Sharkfin Antenna
Cat back exhaust.
Mopar Peddles.
Valentine Radar Detecter
V8 & Hemi 5.7 Badges.
Rear trunk liner.
Rear foot well liner.
IPhone Dash mount.
Rhino Roof bars.
Rear door LEDs and front dome LEDs
Number Plate covers and surrounds.
Air Horns (not yet fitted)
Rear 'Back Off' mud flaps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

padgett 07-01-2012 12:07 PM

Re: Just turned 6k kms! So far almost flawless!!

At 2500 miles and 5 months the only time mine has been to the dealer has been to check for "disappearing needles" and to pick up parts.

Came with Towing Package, Uconnect, & "E".

Have added: oval steps, rear cover & mat, back up camera, OBD-II bluetooth, 7" Android ICS tablet, Mifi hotspot.

Considering a CAI, 180-185F thermostat (any sources for Pentastar ?), and body coloured grille.

Is perfect for my intended use & am averaging just over 20 mpg in mixed driving on 87 PON.

tnjeep 07-03-2012 06:04 AM

Padgett, we must have got ours about the same time. Mine is 5 months old with 5K miles on it and no problems to report. I do have that sound on the highway that alot of other people are complaining about but haven't took to dealer yet because it doesn't make it all the time and I guarantee it won't when I bring it in. Gas mileage for my V6 has also been great, got almost 27 mpg's (hand calculated) two fill ups ago but only got 22.5 mpg's with this last fill up with an almost identical route and driving style.

enjens 07-03-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnjeep (Post 651186)
Padgett, we must have got ours about the same time. Mine is 5 months old with 5K miles on it and no problems to report. I do have that sound on the highway that alot of other people are complaining about but haven't took to dealer yet because it doesn't make it all the time and I guarantee it won't when I bring it in. Gas mileage for my V6 has also been great, got almost 27 mpg's (hand calculated) two fill ups ago but only got 22.5 mpg's with this last fill up with an almost identical route and driving style.

One year in our GC Limited, 3.6 , air suspension, 25,000 km, 10 litres per 100 km on a trip (I'm happy with that),no problems, rides well on our poor aussie roads,completely happy.