Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   Navigation error???? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/navigation-error-4413.html)

snewt22 12-01-2009 12:57 PM

Navigation error????

My navi was working fine late last nite....I got in today and it was making a weird noise like it was trying to read a disk or something and it popped up ERROR CANNOT READ CD-rom please check disk??? What do I need to do and why dd this happen?

White WK Swagga 12-01-2009 12:58 PM

Re: Navigation error????

What nav system do you have. Jeep OEM?

Joe in PA 12-01-2009 01:01 PM

I'd try running a dvd cleaning disk in the unit a few times to see if that helps. Crossing your fingers & saying a short prayer might not be a bad idea either. :D

snewt22 12-01-2009 01:08 PM

Yea it's the stock navi, but what would cleaning the cd rom have to do with my navigation?

White WK Swagga 12-01-2009 01:13 PM

I thought the nav is ran from hard crive not CD ROM. I'd try a dfferent CD. In my last car I would spray the can air in the CD opening. Just a few blast.... But IDK if that harms or helps. My last car was a lease so I didn't care.

Joe in PA 12-01-2009 01:29 PM

The nav cd is in a slot at the bottom of the head unit. not the 6 disc slot at the top. The nav system needs to read the nav dvd in order to function.

snewt22 12-01-2009 05:12 PM

I changed my cd that I was listening to and it just started working! No clue wat that was all about but as long as it's working now I don't care.. Thanks anyways guys

ahamay115 12-02-2009 10:48 PM

Just curious... how cold was it outside when the nav started acting up? I've noticed a few times this year on my 06 that I get the same error, but I was trying to link it to just being cold outside. I've never gotten this error before, but I'd rather it just be due to cold weather than to be an actual error... :/

Frankie 12-02-2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahamay115 (Post 110509)
Just curious... how cold was it outside when the nav started acting up? I've noticed a few times this year on my 06 that I get the same error, but I was trying to link it to just being cold outside. I've never gotten this error before, but I'd rather it just be due to cold weather than to be an actual error... :/

Yup, Its happened to me before too...I just give it a bit and all is well!

White WK Swagga 12-03-2009 10:55 AM

Do the new MyGig systems use a DVD also?

Scottina06 12-03-2009 11:11 AM

you had a cd error....not a nav disc error. the nav disc is in the little slot on the bottom of the unit.

He had the REC unit Nate...not the Mygig.

I'm not sure if the mygig uses a disc or not. Never really looked into it.

White WK Swagga 12-03-2009 11:14 AM

If it did it would be behind the screen right Scott? I'll check again but I think there's only 1 slot for cd's