Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   Draft email to dealership manager (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/draft-email-to-dealership-manager-44196.html)

Studgun 07-02-2012 08:42 PM

Draft email to dealership manager

So it's now been two months since I put a deposit on my car, and I am sick and tired of the dealer's lack of communication. I have drafted the below email to the manager, but I'm seeking any input you guys may have before I send it. Is there anything I should add/change/remove?

Dear Mr. _______,

I am writing to you because frankly I am tired of the pathetic customer service I have received so far from your dealership. I chose to purchase from _______ because of their reputation for customer service, but this is something I have yet to see. I have commited to spending in excess of $57,000 at your dealership; I would expect some level of customer service.

I have not had any emails replied to. My calls are never returned. Questions are either not answered, or I am told "I'll find out and call back in 5 minutes" and I never get a call back. I should not have to chase your dealership, making multiple phone calls, still to get no response to simple queries.

I was told that when I paid a deposit the car would be ordered, and that I could then expect delivery in 3 weeks if you had a car in the yard, or 3 months otherwise. I paid a deposit on the 11th of May, and it wasn't until the 14th of June, a whole month later, that I was told that the vehicle had been ordered. I was also then told to now expect delivery in October. That's 5 months from when I paid, not 3. On top of that, your dealership seems to be unable to provide me with an order number, so I can't even be sure that you have ordered me a car.

I require the following information from you, which I have already requested numerous times from your dealership:

An order number
and date that my vehicle was ordered
A delivery date no later than 10 October 2012. Any date later than this will result in me exercising my right to rescind the contract pursuant to clause 1(b)(ii) of the purchase contract and my deposit will be returned pursuant to clause 1(j)
Confirmation that no exterior and interior protection package will be applied
Confirmation that no dealer sticker, badge, or other permanent or semi-permanent dealer advertising will be affixed to my vehicle
As no registration is required, confirmation that no number plate holes will be drilled in my vehicle

I am a member of a number of Jeep forums, and should my customer service experience not improve I will be sharing it with members and visitors of the forums so that they may make an informed decision as to which dealer they may wish to make their vehicle, parts and accessories purchases from.

Regards,

Rhys ______.

GlennR 07-02-2012 09:17 PM

Re: Draft email to dealership manager

Hi Rhys,
Take out the bit about your age, quals and earnings and go for it. (Letter is very firm and to the point, no need for the added bits - best to leave out any emotion on a formal letter). I would also mention that a courtesy copy is drafted ready to send to head office in Melbourne. It's always good practice to name drop that you are a member of the forum when talking to your saleman, service managers and techs.
It also appears your ordered vehicle is "non-standard" and I was advised through this forum anything out of the ordinary (including CRD's) can take a minimum three months to come through. Furthermore, others will advise you on the factory change out from 2012 to 2013 production that might be affecting your delivery, however thats no cause for them to issue you with an order number unless its yet to be entered into production and thus cannot be alocated to you. (I got my order number after the car was made). Good luck Mate. There are a lot of great people on this forum who are more than willing to offer the best advice and support.

Studgun 07-02-2012 09:31 PM

Edited. Cheers. Coincidentally I just missed a call from the dealer, so hopefully they'll have some answers for me and I won't need to send this email after all. Still, the call back would have been nice 5 minutes later as stated, instead of 2 weeks.

Swampy 07-02-2012 09:34 PM

Good email.

Point on the numberplate holes, they will likely just drill extra holes through the number plate. Not sure about other states but that is actually illegal in WA.

I ended up using adaptors and covers from Lakin as I had Polycarbonate personalised plates and fitted them myself at the dealer. I didn't trust the pre-delivery guys with their Battery drills and teck screws.

Studgun 07-02-2012 09:53 PM

Mine's being delivered unregistered from NSW to NT, and being registered when it gets here by my fleet company, after which I will be putting my personalised plates on it. There's only 4 digits on my plates, and there's too much blank white space either side at the moment because I had to get them in standard width to fit my Falcon. Once I get my GC I'll be getting them remade in a smaller size to get rid of that blank space and make the front one fit in the space in the car bra. It'll be the third time I've paid for the plates (remade once before because they were too small to fit and I didn't want to drill new holes and have the old ones exposed), at $140 each time, but try and get personalised plates for $420 with no annual fee in any other state.

They shouldn't drill the holes if they're not affixing plates, but I want to be sure.

allypally 07-02-2012 09:56 PM

Just some points (not criticism) with your letter.
1. I thought you purchased from a fleet leasing company. If that is indeed the case, technically, you are not the customer of the dealership. If this is so, then perhaps the letter should go via the Fleet company?
2. If the car was ordered in May, then Aug/Sept should have been the expected delivery date (according to Jeep Aust in mid May).
3. Amongst the demands, I would add a question on what date was the car actually ordered to Jeep Aust by the dealership.
4. I would change the text "I am tired of the poor customer service" to "I am tired of the pathetic customer service "

MY13 cars started production yesterday ( today in Aus time) so it could be that 3mths from now might be the first batch to arrive in Oz. This is out of the control of the dealership, but does not excuse the lack of courtesy to keep you informed. Orders opened a mth ago, so they should have been able to get an Order number allocated.
I take it you are no going to have the car registered in the State of Purchase? If so, change the line about the holes for number plates, to "no registration required, or holes drilled"

Good luck with it, and keep us informed of progress.
PS: You are a big bugger. Instead of driving slowly through TC, I think I might detour.

Studgun 07-02-2012 10:24 PM

1. Yeah, my whole purchase was a bit all over the place. I can never seem to make my mind up on things. I got a quote through the fleet company first, then I questioned whether I wanted to do it as a lease. I put a deposit on a car and signed the contract at the dealership where the fleet company were going to source a car because the price was better than in Alice, and I was going to source finance through Police Credit Union. After thinking about it some more I then changed my mind again and decided to go with the lease after all.

Now because it's novated I'm not sure if I'm still the customer of the dealer as well as the fleet company, or if the fleet company is now the customer of the dealership.

2. Yeah, I was told mid-August, and September would have been fine. October is starting to push it. I realise that there was a break in production and MY13 models started yesterday which would give me a Sep/Oct delivery, but if they'd put the order in when they said they would I wouldn't be waiting the extra month or two. In the end, I'm happy to be getting a MY13, but some communication along the way letting me know of the delay and the later build would have been nice. Most of what I know I've found out on the forums.

3. Added.

4. Amended.

There was no number before your last one, but I've edited that a bit too.

I'm a friendly giant most of the time, but I am a big fan of the attitude test.

I did inadvertently scare the crap of an older couple last week though by walking up to their parked car and tapping on the window. People always assume they're in trouble when I talk to them. I'd seen they were staring at a map, so I used the excuse of giving them directions to stop and get a closer look at their GC with an ECB bar.

fix69er 07-02-2012 11:35 PM

Mate just dont get too worked out about it. Before u send that email just rock up to dealership and talk to manager.

suzieque 07-02-2012 11:38 PM

Let me tell you something if you've not figured it out. If the customer service sucks just trying to order, imagine the problems you have when it's broken.
I am speaking from experience.

SvenskaJeepGuy 07-02-2012 11:45 PM

Just cancel and order from another dealer, the letter will not help at all. Any combo you want you will be able to find on a lot somewhere

allypally 07-03-2012 12:05 AM

The situation on availability of cars is a little different here in Australia than in Canada or PA, where you have an abundance of dealers who liase directly with the factory. Here we need to go though a useless dealer, who in turn go to Jeep Australia, who in turn go through Jeep Intl, who in turn go through Jeep US. It takes a minumum of 3 mths to get a car built and delivered. Most dealers here manage several different brands other than Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge, so their skill set is most wanting. Jeep Aust appear to be from a different planet and have no idea how to run a business. The dealers are left in the dark, and basically, becuase they are treated poorly by Jeep Australia, they treat their customers accordingly.

Studgun 07-03-2012 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fix69er (Post 651098)
Mate just dont get too worked out about it. Before u send that email just rock up to dealership and talk to manager.

Dealer is in Sydney, I am in Tennant Creek. 3000km is a bit far to "just rock up". Otherwise I'd go during work looking all intimidating and make my demands :lol:

Anyway, called the dealer back after the missed call from them, and they said the order is in but they don't have the VON yet; they will email me when they do. They could not give me a delivery date, just October. They said they made notes of the other stuff on their system.

They picked the right day to call anyway. I was ready to give them a piece of my mind.