Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   730N: Can you name an address? other ?'s (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/730n-can-you-name-an-address-other-s-44222.html)

Jdsmitty10 07-03-2012 12:27 PM

730N: Can you name an address? other ?'s

tired searching and came up short..

I entered some family addresses into my 730N. I did not see anywhere that I can name the address such as "Dad's House"... can i only enter the address and select it by address not by destination name("Dad's House")?

Also, I loaded a picture onto a usb drive.. plugged it in, went to my files, my pics, Add, and it doesnt let me select USB to get a picture(only CD). Do certain USB drives not work?

JeepMaster 07-03-2012 12:41 PM

Re: 730N: Can you name an address? other ?'s

i'd like to know about the USB i tried it as well and didnt let me select it. I am doing mine thorugh a mac computer so i don't know if its either because of that or i have to do it from a windows formatted USB. What do you have?

Justal13 07-03-2012 12:50 PM

You need to have at least one mp3 (music) file in the same folder as the picture. Don't ask why, it is the only way it works. The 430 and 730 series HDD will not recognize any folder that does not have at least one music file in it. This has been covered many times in the forums if you want to do a search to verify. You also need to be using a FAT32 formatted thumbdrive (which most are).

Jdsmitty10 07-03-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justal13 (Post 651334)
You need to have at least one mp3 (music) file in the same folder as the picture. Don't ask why, it is the only way it works. The 430 and 730 series HDD will not recognize any folder that does not have at least one music file in it. This has been covered many times in the forums if you want to do a search to verify. You also need to be using a FAT32 formatted thumbdrive (which most are).

Thanks! How bout putting a name with an address? Possible?

ShyBoy 07-22-2012 10:22 AM

Yes, this is possible. Press the "MENU" hard-key on the right side of radio. When the options are displayed, select "MY FILES". You are then presented with 3 options. Select "MY ADDRESS BOOK". It will then list all of the folders containing address info. Select the folder that contains the address(es) that you would like to edit.

After selecting the folder, it will list all of the addresses in the folder and typically this would be the address itself. Select the address that you would like to edit and there should be a "EDIT CONTACT" button. After selecting that, select "CHANGE NAME".

Then replace the address with the appropriate name.