Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   New Overland - no Bluetooth? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/new-overland-no-bluetooth-44287.html)

Ross51 07-05-2012 05:46 AM

New Overland - no Bluetooth?

Picked up new Overland today. Overall impressed EXCEPT the bluetooth does not appear to work.
If I go to System Setup and Phone pairing I find the Pair Button is greyed out so am not able to pair my phone.
I tried voice prompts and get as far as nominating a code and the am informed pairing failed.
I've also tried pulling M12 and M10 fuses as suggested in some threads , no luck.
Given this is a 731N (RHP) I'm assuming this is a dealer visit after one day! Very disappointed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

drdobsg 07-05-2012 06:01 AM

This may be a dumb question, but is the vehicle in park when you try to pair?

Ross51 07-05-2012 06:52 AM

Re: New Overland - no Bluetooth?

Not dumb at all ... and I had to think about it, but yes it is.

gajim 07-05-2012 07:15 AM

The salesman paired my phone to the bluetooth before I drove it off the lot. I didn't watch but it only took a minute. That's here in the US.

How far away is the nearest dealer from your home in Australia?

Ross51 07-05-2012 07:32 AM

Close by. Just a hassle to get back there with work etc.
Checked most things and did not bother with that as thought it was a one minute job for later!

Yadkin 07-05-2012 07:41 AM

It maybe a 3 minute job. Follow the instructions in your Media Center manual. But first make sure your other Blue Tooth devices to that phone are turned off.

ColdCase 07-05-2012 08:18 AM

I think the key is other BT devices turned off and put the phone in discoverable mode, if not already. Different phones work differently. Which phone do you have?

johhn14 07-05-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdCase (Post 652141)
I think the key is other BT devices turned off and put the phone in discoverable mode, if not already. Different phones work differently. Which phone do you have?

What he said. Make sure bluetooth is turned on within the phone.

Ross51 07-05-2012 03:33 PM

Thanks all for suggestions.
Phone is an iPhone4. All other devices off and it is discoverable. I have also tried a complete reset of phone,
However, issue is that Pair button in car is greyed out, so I can't even start pairing. I'm assuming this is not normal?

Duff Daddy 07-05-2012 07:37 PM

It may not have it if you shoot me your vin I will tell you if it does or not

Ross51 07-06-2012 03:51 AM

Update. Visited dealer today. There is an apparent fault in Bluetooth part of unit and if it cannot be resolved by Monday by Chrysler Technical they are planning to fit a new head unit Tuesday.

Overall, I was impressed with service and promptness as well as immediate offer of loaner Jeep now if I wanted it (I didn't) and next week when I take it in to resolve. I would today's experience to what I was receiving at Lexus, so impressed vs many here and has taken edge off disappointment. Also helps that I'm really enjoying driving the vehicle and everything else is faultless , so far. :)

I'll do another update next week. Hopefully this will end well.

gajim 07-06-2012 09:47 AM

The I phone 4 will pair up with the U Connect without any issues. Mine works flawlessly.

My wife has a Ford Fusion with Sync, she has had a lot of issues with her iPhone 4 pairing up with the sync.