Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f186/)
-   -   Speaker Update ! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f186/speaker-update-44311.html)

2005Cherokee 07-05-2012 06:31 PM

Speaker Update !

I had posted earlier (several times) about swapping out my dash speakers and front doors and having too much mid, clarity and a cab forward sound because I really couldn't hear my rear doors that well...if at all.
Anyways, bit the bullet, had a stereo shop install a Bazooka 8" preamped subwoffer in the rear cargo and the bass now fills the jeep and it makes for a much better and fuller sound.
There is just no way I would have got the base I was looking for by swapping my back door 6.5" speakers.
So, happy for now, good clean sound and deep lows coming from the back.
All on a cheap budget.
Just wanted to pass that along in case anyone else was in the same boat.
When you replace stock speakers, you get a cleaner sound with more mids and higher trebel with tweaters, but to bring in that bass you need either a subwoofer system (much more $$) or get a bazooka 8" or 10" installed inthe back. It's a complete unit.
Still may do the back door speakers at some point just so I can hear more volume from them, but happy for now.

All from the stock radio.

Thanks.

brentwoodkris 07-06-2012 09:26 AM

Re: Speaker Update !

IMHO, the bazookas are a good way to simply "fill" the cabin with lows, but not somthing to consider if you're looking for SQ on the cheap. In order to get some real SQ, you'll be out at least $400 on a LOC/Amp/Sub/Box.

I thought about going the Bazooka/Basslink route, but instead decided to get the real setup. Every time I get in my Jeep, I compare to a friend's rig who also went the cheap route with the Bazookas. I'm glad I saved up and went with the SQ.

That being said, audio opinions are very subjective. I prefer SQ that just completes the missing frequencies of the way the music was intended to sound, not superfluous sound that is obnoxious and rattles things out of control.

Good luck with your setup, and I hope it meets your needs!

Madanio24 07-06-2012 03:04 PM

You dont want a bazooka.

brentwoodkris 07-06-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madanio24 (Post 652780)
You dont want a bazooka.

I didn't say it first, but I do agree! :lol:

Madanio24 07-07-2012 04:50 AM

If you check around on ebay you can find alot of cheap equiptment. Amps, subs, boxes, wiring. It will sound a million times better then a bazooka.

2005Cherokee 07-13-2012 07:10 AM

Quick, cheap and easy ! Just the way I like my women :)

Anything else and I have to start replacing the deck etc....maybe down the road.

In the meantime, it works just fine on my budget. :thumbsup:

brentwoodkris 07-13-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005Cherokee (Post 655909)
Anything else and I have to start replacing the deck etc....maybe down the road.

I'm running my setup with a stock REC deck. It sounds superb. I don't find the stock REC SQ to be very lacking, although it leaves a bit to be desired. As for the stock Boston amp, yes it's underpowered, but it still drives my Boston SE's and they sound a heck-of-a-lot better than the stock premium Boston system.

Regarding the sub, getting a $20 LOC would permit you to retain the OEM headunit while adding a sub. That's what a lot of us have done. :thumbsup: