Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

little noise

3K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  ColdCase 
#1 ·
hi , i put the aftermaker stereo with gps , work perfect , i put then the speaker piooner frond and rear , work perfect , but now i put a amplifier infinity , i put the amplifier on the top of rear passanger set , the alone set rear , so i run the power (4 gauge) fuse block 4 to 8 to ampifier and remote wire for left side , and wire speaker , RCA 4 channels , coaxial of reverse camera for rigth side , but when i down all volume or put reverse , the stereo no sound and move the wheel for park or somethink i ear a little noise , uuuuuuussssssssss ussssssssss , i run the cable speaker and RCA , for down of wheel , i think maybe the RCA cable have interference , today i test the RCA outside , directly ampl to stereo , and have the same noise , if i disconect the RCA of ampli , any noise , is clear , i dont know what more to do , anyone know any solution ? sorry with my english .. thanks mikee

#3 ·
Check grounding, does the chassis of the amp setting on the back seat need to be grounded? Perhaps run a ground wire? Otherwise check all the connections, you may find one of the power return (perhaps black wires) not connected properly.

#5 · (Edited)
hi tybal

the components are
amplifier is infinity 475a
speaker are piooner
stereo is aftermarket chinnese gps, radio , camera , everythink
the RCA cable is XSCORPION COMPETITION GRADE 17 FOOT COMPETITION 4 CHANNEL RCAS TRIPLE SHIELDED
i put the amplifier down of passenger rear seat , i run the cable power (4 gauge) battery to amplifier for passenger side together to remore wire
the RCA , coaxial of camera rear and speaker wire , i run for driver side .. i put tape around of RCA , coaxial and speaker for run together , i dont know if is correct or no

them to read Noise Suppression Guide of crutchfield i test the antenna plug , so i desconect the antenna plug and the npise is gone , that is possible jjajajjajaj , all npise enter for antenna jajjajaj , so what i can to do ?
so , i test today , i disconect the RCA of amplifier and no still the noise , everythink clear , so i connect again the RCA of amplifier and now disconect the RCA of stereo and have still noise .... and test other think and use other RCA cable ..connect to amplifier and no still noise , them connect to stereo and have still noise .....

let me try to explain more or less the noise , i dont have the alternator noise or if have is very very low , the noise what i have is shiiiiiitttt , you know i dont know explain jajajj , the other noise is when i have the stereo vol 0 , no music or i put reverse car ,i hear the wheel when i move the car left and rigth ..... these are my two noise ..... when the music is vol good i dont hear the noise

so let me ask somethink more ,if when i disconect the RCA of amplifier , and dont have any noise , that is ok with installation of amplifier correct , ground and power if correct ?

Attachments

#6 · (Edited)
If you don't hear any noise when the vehicle is off, try removing the radio from the dash, disconnect the antenna, and put a little distance between the radio and any other electronics. Still noisy? Disconnect from the vehicle power and connect to a stand-alone battery. Basically, if the noise isn't present with the radio disconnected from the amp (but the audio cables are still connected to the amp), then the noise is entering at the radio (either through the casing, power/ground, or antenna). Have you tried an antenna isolator? A ground-loop isolator? A power filter? A large grounding strap from the case to a solid ground point on the vehicle?

#7 ·
Also, while it may not be a contributing factor, it would be a good idea to put some distance between the camera coax, speaker wire, and the RCA cables. Having them running together could induce noise in any of the circuits. Good rule-of-thumb is to run speaker wires on one side of the vehicle, pre-amp level signals on the other side, and power up the center. As the GC has power almost next to the amp location under the seat, this is even more simple.

#10 · (Edited)
hi tybal , i have bad news , i test put a filter antenna , but no fix the noise ...

i test somethink today , with the stereo out , with or without antenna , dont have the noise , but when i put back the stereo in your position with or without antenna , have the noise , i dont know what more test

some wire have interference when put the stereo in your position ... what do you think ?

#11 ·
Sounds like you are picking up noise radiating through the chassis of the stereo. You could try a large ground strap in the hope of grounding-out the noise, but you may have to locate the source of the noise and attempt to shield it. Are there any digital electronics in close proximity to the radio when placed in the dash that are not nearby when it is removed from the dash?

#12 · (Edited)
let try to explain my english is bad , i am cuban .. but i try

my car is laredo 2012 ..

I do not see something as you say so ago, not sure if there is metal behind the plastic, there is something there, left side as closely watches the board is on the right side do not see much, so what I have stuck there, well down almost, is the can bus that came with the stereo ...

otherwise, I use the same speaker cables to the amplifier, the speakers to factory stereo, use the same wire, only a draw from the stereo to the amplifier so are the back of the stereo speaker wires also, up the stereo the I have the GPS antenna, then you can not do this interference ...
I was thinking if this is not good if you could shield each deck of cable, bone, audio output cables, camera reverse, aux, v out1, out2 av is a deck of cable, if you could shield them all together, put aluminum foil tape is not, if you could do, or put some type of ferrite core, i dont know ... i find this in the web , i dont know where sale

Attachments

#13 · (Edited)
What else is disconnected when the radio is out of the dash? CAN Bus?

You may wan to try tybalt's suggestion, connect a wire to one of the screws on the radio chassis and the other end to a piece of metal connected to the car body.

Not sure if the radio manufacture customer service can help you out as it could be an internal radio issue.

Check all the connections, a slightly loose connection (maybe a combination of aluminum and coper wire) can give you symptoms like you are seeing.

Here is a link to Crutchfield's noise supression guide:

http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app...sion/L3RpbWUvMTM0MjU2NDkwMi9zaWQvVEV5YUhvMWw=

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.