Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Wheels and Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f180/)
-   -   SRT wheels with Terra Grapplers (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f180/srt-wheels-with-terra-grapplers-44349.html)

00R/T 07-06-2012 03:38 PM

SRT wheels with Terra Grapplers

When I started researching running "off-road" tires on SRT wheels I found discussions on various forums, but couldn't find anyone who had actually done it. The original plan was to go with reps, but I managed to find a good deal on some OEM wheels locally. I was trying to decide between Nitto Terra Grapplers and Cooper Zeon LTZs for rubber. When it came time to order, the Nittos were on sale so I picked up a set in 275/55-20. I finally got a chance to get my OME HD setup installed so I put the wheels on as well. It looks like the rears clear everything and the fronts only rub slightly at full lock. Once I get an alignment and go for a drive outside my neighborhood I'll have a better idea if I need spacers or anything. More pics to come once I have some time and can clean everything up.

I love the look. What do you guys think?

http://boileddenim.net/gallery/./upl...0-1f97f76d.jpg

Scottina06 07-06-2012 03:39 PM

Re: SRT wheels with Terra Grapplers

AWESOME! Congrats!

Trav1s 07-06-2012 04:49 PM

That looks sweet!

stashgto 07-06-2012 05:18 PM

Wow I'm buying a set of 20's from a member here, and that is the look I'm hoping for. I was figuring on somewhere around that size, or maybe 60's. It looks like you have a lift, and did you have to cut the dreaded uca bolt? Thanks for the post you folks are the best I got a question answered without even asking.

00R/T 07-06-2012 06:01 PM

I'm glad I can be some help! It seemed like a lot of people were curious, so I figured I'd be the guinea pig and then share my experience.

I'm running the OME HD lift, which is supposed to be about 3". I didn't cut the UCA bolt and would put spacers instead if it hit. Having just installed my lift, I can say that I would not want to have had that bolt cut. I actually cracked a 6pt socket trying to hold that ball joint stud while breaking the nut loose. If the hex portion of the stud was gone it would have made a huge hassle far worse. My opinion is to leave the bolt alone.

honda_fox3 07-06-2012 09:34 PM

Wow looks great! I was also wondering about a more aggressive tire on reps. Thanks for the post.:thumbsup:

Chaoul1 07-06-2012 09:36 PM

We need more photos!

stashgto 07-06-2012 10:17 PM

The 1st thing I did was change the springs, struts, and shocks so mine sits about as high as possible for stock. I was hoping to shoehorn them in which means going with a lower profile maybe. Which will make the ride harder that I don't want. I don't want to lose MPG's from raising it I do a lot of driving -Decisions decisions

stashgto 07-06-2012 10:20 PM

Hey Chaoul as you probably see I was just talking about you-lol
PM me when you get the info

00R/T 07-06-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stashgto (Post 652974)
The 1st thing I did was change the springs, struts, and shocks so mine sits about as high as possible for stock. I was hoping to shoehorn them in which means going with a lower profile maybe. Which will make the ride harder that I don't want. I don't want to lose MPG's from raising it I do a lot of driving -Decisions decisions

Lifting it (something small like 2"-3") isn't going to noticeably hurt your fuel economy. Heavier tires/wheels, however, will.

BlackedOutWK 07-08-2012 08:04 PM

looks good! more pics!!!

so you aren't running any spacers?

i'd like to see how they look from a side view and also how they sit in the wheel (inside or outside of the fenders)

DaMitsuMan 07-08-2012 08:18 PM

FINALLY. People talk about doing this all the time... I love it. Can't wait to see some more pictures.