Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   Rocky Road WK2 Wheel Spacers - Don't Buy (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/rocky-road-wk2-wheel-spacers-dont-buy-44389.html)

jeepcrashing 07-07-2012 11:43 AM

Rocky Road WK2 Wheel Spacers - Don't Buy

First post on here;

I recently just lifted my WK2 Laredo ORA2 with Rocky Road Outfitters 2.5" Lift. I also purchased a set of 1.5" wheels spacers from them. I am currently running Goodyear Duratrac's 275/65/18 on JK sahara wheels (powder coated gunmetal).

After three attempts to balance these tires (third attempt was Road Forced Balanced) still had the death wobble from 45-65mph. I them decided to remove the wheel adapters and my problem instantly went away. I'm assuming its because there spacers are non HUB Centric.

Now to see how good of a company Rocky Road Outfitters are, Monday morning I will be calling them about this issue expecting a refund for my spacers. I'll keep you posted on the results.....

Scottina06 07-07-2012 12:06 PM

Re: Rocky Road WK2 Wheel Spacers - Don't Buy

welcome and good luck!

kevster 07-08-2012 08:55 AM

wheel spacers adapters are a touchy thing, even if they are hub centric some can still cause a vibration.. best bet is new wheels with the proper offset. Most who sell spacers have a clause, YOU INSTALL YOU OWN NO RETURNS.

Billx4 09-15-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepcrashing (Post 653104)
I am currently running Goodyear Duratrac's 275/65/18 on JK sahara wheels (powder coated.

Do you have a picture of the jk wheels on your wk2? I'm thinking of doing the same thing and would love to see how it looks before I commit.

rupi555 09-16-2012 10:29 PM

Yeah would love to see how they look on the WK2!!

OtisDog1 11-26-2012 08:56 PM

Any word on how this turned out? I'm considering buying spacers myself. Anyone running them?

JMP8562 12-20-2012 09:55 PM

if your still looking for spacers take a look at this thread :thumbsup: And let us know how RRO treated you
http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/i-wan...ers-50066.html

Mark_R 12-21-2012 11:46 AM

Sounds like your adapters were not true hub and wheel centric.

OtisDog1 12-23-2012 12:39 PM

I called up Lenny and ordered the 1.25 BORA spacers for my Jeep. I've got a Laredo X package with the 18's. I'm hoping not to have to cut my studs to put them on. My wheels have pockets on the back, but they're not as deep as the Overland 20's.

Frankly,everytime I look at Dslide's Jeep, I think more and more about upgrading to the Overland 20's.

JMP8562 12-23-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OtisDog1 (Post 728196)
I called up Lenny and ordered the 1.25 BORA spacers for my Jeep. I've got a Laredo X package with the 18's. I'm hoping not to have to cut my studs to put them on. My wheels have pockets on the back, but they're not as deep as the Overland 20's.

Frankly,everytime I look at Dslide's Jeep, I think more and more about upgrading to the Overland 20's.

You should give them a call to verify it for you.. better to ask then find out later or maybe they can install shorter studs because they make them One at a time (just a thought)

OtisDog1 12-23-2012 05:07 PM

It's actually the length of the studs already on the truck. Your wheel has pretty deep pockets in the back that the overhang of the orignial studs fits into. My wheels have that same pocket it's just not as deep according to Lenny. He thinks it might work, but said there's a chance I might have to cut a 1/4" or so off.
JMP - you might be able to help me too. Could you take a side shot of your Jeep in regular height and post it, along with the height from the ground to the top of your fender in both the front in the back? I want to check that with my current measurement to see if I've got the same amount of room to house the 20's with the same tires that you all are running.
Any help is much appreciated.

JMP8562 12-24-2012 02:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by OtisDog1 (Post 728260)
It's actually the length of the studs already on the truck. Your wheel has pretty deep pockets in the back that the overhang of the orignial studs fits into. My wheels have that same pocket it's just not as deep according to Lenny. He thinks it might work, but said there's a chance I might have to cut a 1/4" or so off.
JMP - you might be able to help me too. Could you take a side shot of your Jeep in regular height and post it, along with the height from the ground to the top of your fender in both the front in the back? I want to check that with my current measurement to see if I've got the same amount of room to house the 20's with the same tires that you all are running.
Any help is much appreciated.

I have about a 3/4 tank of gas