Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

what do u guys think? should i tint my tailights of my jeep laredo 2011?

5K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  HemiFan 
#1 ·
Hey guys do u think I should tint my tailights black? And only leave the reverse lights white? I have black rockstar rims now and my truck is gray... Thanks guys!

#3 ·
Thanks Scott!!! My wife dnt want me to but now I am Hahaha :)

#4 ·
My vote goes to NO, do not tint the tails. I know some will disagree with me, but I think tinted lights look sooo cheap and just reminds me of something you would see some teenager do on his Civic or something. If you do the car up right you don't have to do anything to your lights to make the car look good. If you are set on doing something with your lights my vote goes to adding OEM HID's from a Limited or Overland, then the tails just hold out until a nice LED replacement lamp is made or the 2014 LED units become available (hoping they are compatible with the older models). Sure my ideas might not be cheap, but better than doing inexpensive cheasy mods to your car ;-)

James

#7 ·
Thanks I did :) and i think it looks great

#8 ·
No

#11 ·
In the 3-4 years of driving my Jeeps with tinted tails I've yet to be pulled over for them. This also includes a lot of cross country business travels with the Jeeps. Not saying you can't get pulled over for them, but I've yet to be bothered for them.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#10 ·
Not to mention that you can't just tiny tails and call it a day. You need brighter lights afterwards like LED's.

Dull tail lights at night look retarted.

#13 ·
True....but I use to have a wj and i the tail lights super black and nvr got pulled over once I live in Chicago and cops have been behind me so I took the risk again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.