Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/)
-   -   Just ordered rear chrome bumper strip w sensor hole cutouts HELP!!!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/just-ordered-rear-chrome-bumper-strip-w-sensor-hole-cutouts-help-44482.html)

jeepwk1 07-09-2012 04:10 PM

Just ordered rear chrome bumper strip w sensor hole cutouts HELP!!!!

The guys from justforjeeps said that its impossible to make it all chrome and that the black sensor holes I have already on my jeep aren't going to be able to be all chrome and that I'm going to have the chrome strip with the 4 black sensor holes sticking out? Has anyone tried this and have a picture? I'm not sure if it'll stick out and look bad.

SvenskaJeepGuy 07-09-2012 04:38 PM

Re: Just ordered rear chrome bumper strip w sensor hole cutouts HELP!!!!

call some junkyards and buy used chrome sensors

Madanio24 07-09-2012 06:08 PM

Whats up with the "HELP!!!!"

SvenskaJeepGuy 07-09-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madanio24 (Post 654156)
Whats up with the "HELP!!!!"

X2 lol

CLEMSON 07-09-2012 07:01 PM

This is just one of several threads that leaves new members with the impression that the site is becoming critical of its members instead of trying to help those less experienced.....food for thought folks

jeepwk1 07-09-2012 07:13 PM

Thanks Clemson. I'm just trying to get help ASAP. I want to mod my jeep but want to do it the right way. How is a junkyard going to have the chrome sensor holes supposedly you have to redo the wiring. Can someone who actually did this help me out for example Scott!!!

SvenskaJeepGuy 07-09-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLEMSON (Post 654186)
This is just one of several threads that leaves new members with the impression that the site is becoming critical of its members instead of trying to help those less experienced.....food for thought folks

Threads with HELP! In the title are for if you are stuck on the side of the road and you need mechanical tips from our members who are always glad to help or your engine is not starting..... Not for asking a question you already know the answer too. Of course black sensors will look stupid in a chrome strip. You can either not use chrome or replace the sensors.

jeepwk1 07-09-2012 10:50 PM

Ok sorry about that lol. But does anyone know if it's possible to replace the sensor holes because the justforjeeps guys said its not.

jeepwk1 07-21-2012 08:12 PM

Bump

jeepwk1 07-21-2012 08:12 PM

Also how do you take out that strip? I tried it once and it wouldn't come off the clip was stuck on anyone know of a how to?

Scottina06 07-21-2012 08:19 PM

you need to remove the bumper to pull the strip off. Also...thoughht i answered this question via PM

jeepwk1 07-21-2012 09:41 PM

Ok when I go to get the hitch installed I'll have the stealership do it for me. No you didn't say that in PM