Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Installed Katzkin leather interior (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/installed-katzkin-leather-interior-44545.html)

gc4x4 07-10-2012 06:56 PM

Installed Katzkin leather interior

2 Attachment(s)
I just had a Katzkin leather interior installed in my new WK2 and i must say it is excellent quality and it looks oem which is great. I ordered the kit online and had my local upholstery shop install them. looks great.:D

*FYI I got this Katzskin set from shopsar.com for $789 with free shipping,I ordered mine to match the factory leather but you can custom order it with different colors,style of leather,embroidery etc..*

JRNYC 07-10-2012 07:04 PM

Re: Installed Katzkin leather interior

Looks Great! :thumbsup:

Scottina06 07-10-2012 07:22 PM

yep...looks nice

Duff Daddy 07-10-2012 07:25 PM

I did several for the dealer I worked at a few challengers, a durango and a few jeeps, all looked good, never had an issue and sometimes they have really good rebates from MOPAR, plus if its installed at time of deliver or within the first few months, the accessorie will be on your vin as a new item and will carry a 3/36 warranty..

MattDesign 07-11-2012 12:04 PM

I'm impressed how "factory" it looks! From looking at the pictures, I really can't tell much difference from my Laredo X interior to this one.

nathantw 07-11-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gc4x4 (Post 654713)
I just had a Katzkin leather interior installed in my new WK2 and i must say it is excellent quality and it looks oem which is great. I ordered the kit online and had my local upholstery shop install them. looks great.:D

That actually does look really nice. Enjoy in good health.

kkreit01 07-13-2012 12:13 PM

Looks great. I heard these types of installs are not fun.

rvtifer 07-13-2012 12:27 PM

Tell us how it feels. Also is it real leather ... in the overland 06 was not real leather and it did not feel too close to the real thing either.

gc4x4 07-13-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvtifer (Post 655997)
Tell us how it feels. Also is it real leather ... in the overland 06 was not real leather and it did not feel too close to the real thing either.

It feels soft with a little texture to it, yes it is real leather front and back-no vinyl at all and looks completely oem. it is very comfortable and when I was at the dealer getting the trailer hitch wiring put it the other day, the service guys thought it was a Laredo X...:D

jerkylips 07-13-2012 03:02 PM

dumb question, but what exactly is the purpose of this product? Is it an upgrade for vehicles that didn't originally have leather interior? Reason I ask is the post about having it installed at delivery. If you're having it installed at delivery, what's the advantage over ordering one with leather? cheaper?

rvtifer 07-13-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gc4x4 (Post 656056)
It feels soft with a little texture to it, yes it is real leather front and back-no vinyl at all and looks completely oem. it is very comfortable and when I was at the dealer getting the trailer hitch wiring put it the other day, the service guys thought it was a Laredo X...:D

Thanks. I had never seen any actually installed on a Jeep. Nice to hear abotu the good quality of the product. Certainly looks good. Congrats it seems that you got yourself an awesome upgrade and that you are really happy about it.

kevster 07-13-2012 08:12 PM

Katzkin makes most leather interiors for alot of makes,models. Just as Enkei makes most wheels for auto manufacture.