Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Looking for a dead pedal to match the others. Are there any available? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/looking-for-a-dead-pedal-to-match-the-others-are-there-any-available-44571.html)

elp_jc 07-11-2012 11:28 AM

Looking for a dead pedal to match the others. Are there any available?

Just like the title says folks. Surprised Jeep didn't even put a rubber pad in there :mad:. Searched, and not a single thread on pedals. Surprised nobody has thought about this before :confused:. Anyway, wanted to try here before I waste time looking for a solution one of you may already found. And yes, I'll put something there, so no need for a perfect match; just as close as possible, which would be shiny aluminum with inserts.

By the way, does anybody know if it's safe to drill behind the carpet? Thank you folks.

Scottina06 07-11-2012 05:35 PM

Re: Looking for a dead pedal to match the others. Are there any available?

ultimatepedals.com sells some dead pedals for the WK that match the srt pedals....have a look on their site to see what you think

EviL 07-26-2012 03:31 AM

here in my region i got a set of rubber pedals incase i didnt like the SRT ones for free.

elp_jc 08-04-2012 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 655194)
ultimatepedals.com sells some dead pedals for the WK that match the srt pedals....have a look on their site to see what you think

Thanks a lot Scott. I've ordered pedals from them before, but didn't think they'd match the SRT pedals closely. Will check their site, as well as another one that might be a better match, and cheaper too. Will keep you guys posted. Even if the pedal doesn't match, I'm going to get something. It's ridiculous not even having a rubber pad. Have a great weekend. Will take the SRT for an 800+ mile trip over the weekend. We'll see how gas mileage goes :eek:.

SvenskaJeepGuy 08-04-2012 01:29 AM

There are some threads on here about it, atila has one in his jeep iirc

BobsWK2 08-04-2012 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elp_jc (Post 665516)
Thanks a lot Scott. I've ordered pedals from them before, but didn't think they'd match the SRT pedals closely. Will check their site, as well as another one that might be a better match, and cheaper too. Will keep you guys posted. Even if the pedal doesn't match, I'm going to get something. It's ridiculous not even having a rubber pad. Have a great weekend. Will take the SRT for an 800+ mile trip over the weekend. We'll see how gas mileage goes :eek:.

My Overland has a rubber cover on the parking brake pedal. You're saying yours doesn't have the rubber cover?

Studgun 08-04-2012 04:02 AM

Dead pedal = left footrest

jgc4ever 08-05-2012 01:12 AM

I'm using clear plastic. Wish I could find a dead pedal to match too.

STICK2 08-16-2012 03:55 PM

I got mine from ultimatepedals.com
They sent me a template to approve (I had to make a few small adjustments) and the pedal they sent fits great. They're not cheap but the product is very nice.

12Jeep 08-17-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STICK2 (Post 671443)
They sent me a template to approve (I had to make a few small adjustments) and the pedal they sent fits great. They're not cheap but the product is very nice.

Can you provide some additional details - pics, install process , price, etc. the lack of a dead pedal is one of the only things that really bother me with this vehicle.

elp_jc 09-10-2012 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobsWK2 (Post 665522)
My Overland has a rubber cover on the parking brake pedal. You're saying yours doesn't have the rubber cover?

Nope. SRT doesn't even have that; just the freaking carpet. Totally unacceptable IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by STICK2 (Post 671443)

Hey man, could you please post a nice picture? And what changes did you make? I asked them for a template, but haven't printed it yet.

What I don't like is the SRT has a depression next to the side and about halfway up, so we could only secure the pedal with 3 screws. The upper left one wouldn't be solid... unless we put a spacer behind.

And finally, what's behind the dead pedal? Is it safe to drill? And is it plastic or cardboard? Did the screws provided by Ultimatepedals bite hard enough for the pedal to feel solid? Thanks man. I've used Ultimatepedals twice in the past, but found nicer and cheaper alternatives. Unfortunately, nobody makes a dead pedal for the SRT, so we have no choice. Thanks man.

Kadonny 09-10-2012 09:01 AM

Are people getting the dead pedal confused with the parking brake pedal?

Anyway, I have the WeatherTech mats and they cover the dead pedal area so I don't really need a pedal per se.