Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Bottle-Cap-Popping-Like Noise (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/bottle-cap-popping-like-noise-44622.html)

Da_1388 07-12-2012 03:38 PM

Bottle-Cap-Popping-Like Noise

So I have this funny noise coming from the driver floor, specifically in the middle but just a bit more towards the pedals. Very annoying, I hear it every time I get in and out of the truck. Like the title states, it makes the same noise as the aluminum cap of a glass bottle after it's been opened, and I only hear it when my feet would push down on the driver floor. No problems for the passenger floor or anywhere else... :confused: any thoughts? suggestions?

ColdCase 07-12-2012 05:29 PM

Re: Bottle-Cap-Popping-Like Noise

Something under the floor mat or carpet?

Da_1388 07-13-2012 06:29 AM

Nothing but metal... and the dealer tells me it's normal

JRNYC 07-13-2012 08:30 AM

Everything is normal that they do not have an answer for it seems.

Sounds like a crack in the floor or something. Did they pull the carpet up and check?

Da_1388 07-13-2012 08:48 AM

No i don't believe they did... but that does sound logical. I guess I'll know for sure after pulling up the carpet. And just to be sure I'm not wasting my time, this problem is in fact abnormal right? I mean, none of you have experienced anything like this?

And how would I go about to get a good glimpse of what's under there? From where can I pull up the carpet? Thanks

smcoverland 07-13-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da_1388 (Post 655902)
Nothing but metal... and the dealer tells me it's normal

If it's "normal", you should have your dealer show you - any other jeep like yours on the lot should do the same thing. Right?

JRNYC 07-13-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smcoverland (Post 655961)
If it's "normal", you should have your dealer show you - any other jeep like yours on the lot should do the same thing. Right?

^^^^^^ what he said for sure!

Of the extensive list of things wrong with my jeep the cracking noise in the floor is not one of them. I have the slush mats on so I wouldnt hear it anyway but i will recheck after work anyway just to make sure.

Ricko 07-13-2012 12:23 PM

weird i have this same sound coming from my driver seat (upper back part) every time i get in the truck or out or even on a bumpy road i hear this all the time drives me crazy

Da_1388 07-13-2012 12:37 PM

Ya I'll deff be having another word with the dealer once I get the chance...

I got the slush mats on too. But I must say it's mostly from the outside that the noise is heard at; from the inside it's quiet, but can slightly be felt from the heel of the foot.

AAAA 07-13-2012 01:10 PM

Unless you are able to reinstall the carpeting perfectly, leave that to the dealer so that it is all under warranty.

JRNYC 07-13-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricko (Post 655996)
weird i have this same sound coming from my driver seat (upper back part) every time i get in the truck or out or even on a bumpy road i hear this all the time drives me crazy

there is a tsb against the seat noise. I remeber seeing it on thelist of tsb's. you should check into it. They replace the seat.

JRNYC 07-13-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da_1388 (Post 656003)
Ya I'll deff be having another word with the dealer once I get the chance...

I got the slush mats on too. But I must say it's mostly from the outside that the noise is heard at; from the inside it's quiet, but can slightly be felt from the heel of the foot.

Put your foot on the floor and hear a cracking outside! WTF!! LOL. that sounds kinda extreme for themnot to find it lol. Im wondering if the noise is from the seat moving back and its not tightened all the way to the body
floor so when you press your foot it moves...

just an armchair suggestion but the tech in me needs to think of it lol.