Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Deep Cherry Red (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/deep-cherry-red-44756.html)

JRNYC 07-15-2012 06:56 PM

Deep Cherry Red

Is it just me or is the deep cherry red darker on the srt than the laredos?

AAAA 07-16-2012 06:31 AM

Re: Deep Cherry Red

It's not you... happens to all of us due to increase in blood pressure when in presence of SRT.

JRNYC 07-16-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAAA (Post 657175)
It's not you... happens to all of us due to increase in blood pressure when in presence of SRT.

HAHAHA good one. This may be the issue!

Scottina06 07-16-2012 02:00 PM

yep,.....same paint code and painted in the same booth as the SRT. Could have something to do with the SRT being more monochromatic and less chrome/black than the wk2

Jeep_addicted 07-17-2012 10:48 AM

With this pearl effect color I have noticed that there a two main factors that alter the appearance.

The first is light conditions
The second is cleanliness and condition of the surface

I have discovered that if there is dust on the car, it gives off a gold aura to the paint, which tends to look more maroon and the color looks lighter.

I have also discovered that if the car is completely clean and dust free you get that deep garnet/ruby twinkle in the sun and in low light you get just a dark deep rich burgundy color. So a freshly washed and waxed car tends to look darker as it sheds dust more easily.

It could also be that an SRT owner would more likely have their car cleaned and waxed more often than an owner of a Laredo hence the difference in appearance.

It is funny I would have never picked Deep cherry but I ended up with one and it has grown on me. My last car was a blue silver Touareg some I am a little partial to the "WInter chill" color every seems to despise.

JRNYC 07-18-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeep_addicted (Post 657746)
With this pearl effect color I have noticed that there a two main factors that alter the appearance.

The first is light conditions
The second is cleanliness and condition of the surface

I have discovered that if there is dust on the car, it gives off a gold aura to the paint, which tends to look more maroon and the color looks lighter.

I have also discovered that if the car is completely clean and dust free you get that deep garnet/ruby twinkle in the sun and in low light you get just a dark deep rich burgundy color. So a freshly washed and waxed car tends to look darker as it sheds dust more easily.

It could also be that an SRT owner would more likely have their car cleaned and waxed more often than an owner of a Laredo hence the difference in appearance.

It is funny I would have never picked Deep cherry but I ended up with one and it has grown on me. My last car was a blue silver Touareg some I am a little partial to the "WInter chill" color every seems to despise.

yeah i think thats it. plus there is more red bosy to look at on the SRT so you can appreciate it more.

besides whits and silver, red also seems to best hide the "orange peel" effect.