Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   The Steel Armadillo (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f209/)
-   -   Skid Plates (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f209/skid-plates-44758.html)

Jon@TheSteelArmadillo 07-15-2012 08:32 PM

Skid Plates
 
I will be dropping off two skid plates tomorrow at my water jet shop. The first one will cover everything up front from the Radiator support bar back to the transmission mount. The second one will cover the transmission and catalytic converter. I will let you know when they are available for purchase.

I do not have a photo of the front one as it has not be made yet but I can give you a sneak peak at the transmission skid plate:

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...o/DSCI0196.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...o/IMG_0070.jpg

2005JGC 07-16-2012 10:09 PM

Re: Skid Plates
 
yummy! I do like! Im excited to see the front one!

Verminator 07-17-2012 01:40 AM

Re: Skid Plates
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon@TheSteelArmadillo (Post 657009)
I will be dropping off two skid plates tomorrow at my water jet shop. The first one will cover everything up front from the Radiator support bar back to the transmission mount. The second one will cover the transmission and catalytic converter. I will let you know when they are available for purchase.

I do not have a photo of the front one as it has not be made yet but I can give you a sneak peak at the transmission skid plate:

Wow, looks great, Jon! How many are you having made? Any idea what the price will be yet?

Jon@TheSteelArmadillo 07-18-2012 12:31 AM

Re: Skid Plates
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Verminator (Post 657633)
Wow, looks great, Jon! How many are you having made? Any idea what the price will be yet?

I am making three of the front and four transmission. No idea on price until the waterjet guys gets the program loaded and can give me a cost to cut and bend them

Verminator 07-18-2012 12:40 AM

Re: Skid Plates
 
Jon, are these compatible with the stock skids? Where does the front skid mount to? To be clear, the front will cover everything including that which the above transmission/cat skid covers? And will it also be compatible with the bumper when you guys get around to finishing it?

Lastly, are they spoken for or do they have yet to find homes?

Jon@TheSteelArmadillo 07-19-2012 12:16 AM

Re: Skid Plates
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Verminator (Post 658130)
Jon, are these compatible with the stock skids? Where does the front skid mount to? To be clear, the front will cover everything including that which the above transmission/cat skid covers? And will it also be compatible with the bumper when you guys get around to finishing it?

Lastly, are they spoken for or do they have yet to find homes?

The easy question to answer is the last one, it is our intention to make all off our products not only compatible with our product line but when ever possible compatible with OEM and other manufactures. I do not want anyone to not purchase a product because they would have to remove something they spent hard earned money to buy. These two products will however REPLACE the OEM skids.

As for your first question. Our front skid will replace the front OEM skid, the transmission skid is a separate item and replaces the OEM transmission skid. Both our skid plates protect more surface area than your OEM equipment.

BlackedOutWK 07-20-2012 10:30 AM

Re: Skid Plates
 
oh wow, i hope i can afford these!!! i need both lol.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community