Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WJ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f51/)
-   -   All shined up and ready for the beach next week!!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f51/all-shined-up-and-ready-for-the-beach-next-week-44815.html)

cheapjeep 07-16-2012 09:11 PM

All shined up and ready for the beach next week!!!

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...G242Medium.jpg
But
Then it rained before I could get home from my buddies place:mad: Balls. Back to square one:D

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...G243Medium.jpg

tkdgirl 07-17-2012 04:55 AM

Re: All shined up and ready for the beach next week!!!

Nice! Did a full detail on mine a few weeks ago.

Are you running a 6 or 8? I ask because I'd like to get a lightweight trailer but my mechanic doesn't thinkmy Jeep could handle it.

TJXJWJ 07-17-2012 09:33 AM

Lookin' sharp buddy! I'm picturing some SRT reps on that trailer though bro...

TDK, He's got the high output V8

JeepFreak12 07-17-2012 11:50 AM

What size lift are you running? Looks great man!

cheapjeep 07-17-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkdgirl (Post 657656)
Nice! Did a full detail on mine a few weeks ago.

Are you running a 6 or 8? I ask because I'd like to get a lightweight trailer but my mechanic doesn't thinkmy Jeep could handle it.

Yeah TK it's an HO. The main ything about towing with the 4.0 is they don't have enough cooling.Our 99 would start to get warm on long grades with the air on just by itself. Also I wouldn't want to put a lot of strain on the 42 RE trans. They're not the strongest.

cheapjeep 07-17-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJXJWJ (Post 657715)
Lookin' sharp buddy! I'm picturing some SRT reps on that trailer though bro...

TDK, He's got the high output V8

What do you mean?:mad: Don't you like my $19 Wal Mart reps? They're the ultra rare 13" version :D Some people....Hater:lol:

TJXJWJ 07-18-2012 07:23 AM

HAHAHAHHAH....Walmart reps....hey, I should talk, I've got mobile home wheels on my utility trailer. Just sayin...at the very least, get some Walmart spinner hubcaps for that camper. You know...for the ladies.

422 near 271 I see. God's country. Yins got gum bands and like drinkin' "pop" and Yuengling Black and Tan, feasting on MTO's, and taking in some fresh mountain air. Those were the days....partying at IUP and stopping at some god awful strip joint...where all the honeys wore nothing but plaid flannel carhartt shirts.

01grand 07-18-2012 10:10 AM

Looking good Dave! I bet the HO handles that trailer no problem. I see Tony beat me to commenting on those trailer wheels..... walmart reps :lol::rolleyes:

cheapjeep 07-18-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4.7beast (Post 657771)
What size lift are you running? Looks great man!

That's a 2.5" Rusty's lift with Kevin's 3/4' spacers and roughly 31" tires and thanks bud!

cheapjeep 07-18-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJXJWJ (Post 658191)
HAHAHAHHAH....Walmart reps....hey, I should talk, I've got mobile home wheels on my utility trailer. Just sayin...at the very least, get some Walmart spinner hubcaps for that camper. You know...for the ladies.

422 near 271 I see. God's country. Yins got gum bands and like drinkin' "pop" and Yuengling Black and Tan, feasting on MTO's, and taking in some fresh mountain air. Those were the days....partying at IUP and stopping at some god awful strip joint...where all the honeys wore nothing but plaid flannel carhartt shirts.

You probably ate there where that pic was taken bud. That's at the Krispy Kreme drive in in Belsano. Strip joint...... hmmmmmm............ has to be Streekers.......... used to have the naked car wash...............always had a clean vehicle back then:D

TJXJWJ 07-18-2012 09:11 PM

All I remember was that the place kinda looked like the strip joint in "Dusk Till Dawn"...dirt parking lot, and an area for truckers to park. REAL classy joint. BYOB if I remember correctly. Man, that was back in the day...going to school in "Jawn"stown.

cheapjeep 07-18-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01grand (Post 658247)
Looking good Dave! I bet the HO handles that trailer no problem. I see Tony beat me to commenting on those trailer wheels..... walmart reps :lol::rolleyes:

Thanks buddy I was thinking K Mart reps but they were a bit pricey. That tow tune seems to work pretty well.Tranny seems to hold a gear better with less hunting. Pulls nice and hard on the hills too.Still you know it when you're yankin 4400# with a WJ. Wouldn't want to go much bigger. Thinkin about letting ole silver loose on the beach if I have time. I'll try to post some pics from down there next week.