Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   Jeep sales on the up (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/jeep-sales-on-the-up-44828.html)

Hickers 07-17-2012 10:14 AM

Jeep sales on the up

In the first six months of 2012, Jeep dealers shifted almost as many vehicles as last year’s full-year modern-day record. With 8238 sales year-to-date, Jeep is on track to rack up more than 16,000 sales for the full year, which will be about four times as many as it managed just three years ago.
While Compass sales have tallied 1510 in the first half – about the same as the similar but car-based and more boxy Patriot (1126 YTD) and the perennial classic-styled Wrangler (1423 YTD) – the bigger and more expensive Grand Cherokee has continued to be the star performer.
The Grand Cherokee – confusingly not related to the smaller and squarer Cherokee – has not only maintained sales momentum through this year, racking up 3583 sales YTD, it notched a new monthly record of 801 in June.

Looks like I am not the only one impressed by this car, just spent a week driving a land cruiser 200 series wagon in the Kimberly's , we sure missed our jeep with it's miserly fuel consumption and lack of rattles/stone noise on the gravel! All we need now is the aftermarket suppliers to take note of these sales numbers!

ENFORCER 07-17-2012 06:00 PM

Re: Jeep sales on the up

Yep, there were several months that the JGC outsold the M class, Q7 and X5 all combined.
Shows that a good product (JGC), heavy advertising (We bought a Jeep!) about a poor reputation company (Chrysler/Jeep) results in many sales. Lets hope we see the poor reputation by showing us better service levels.

fix69er 07-17-2012 06:55 PM

This is good news, more sales mean more parts/support should be available naturally. Similar to VT commodores where they sold about 300k as a results parts are so cheap. I am interested to know the total wk2 GCs sold in Aus so far.

GlennR 07-17-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fix69er (Post 657976)
This is good news, more sales mean more parts/support should be available naturally. Similar to VT commodores where they sold about 300k as a results parts are so cheap. I am interested to know the total wk2 GCs sold in Aus so far.

Wish I shared the same optimism. More sales are more likely to result in us owners fighting over the same limited parts.......oil filters spring to mind!

allypally 07-17-2012 09:37 PM

None of you better buy MY oil filter, or there will be trouble.

GlennR 07-17-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allypally (Post 658061)
None of you better buy MY oil filter, or there will be trouble.

.....see what I mean, started already!!

AussieWK2 07-17-2012 11:59 PM

Hey...hands orff! I've already asked service to tag it with a spot of nail polish for my 20k! :lol:

savvas 07-18-2012 12:41 AM

Wasnt the GC selling at 3 times Nissan Patrol some point this year?

Jeep has actually topped the charts for growth of all brands in Australia at 127%.

AussieWK2 07-18-2012 01:04 AM

Hikers... where did you get your stats from? Do you have an online link?

I agree with all comments here, this is a 2 edged sword, great news confirming our collective decisions to buy the WK2, the flip side though is CJD Aust service / product knowledge has not kept the pace.

Last year's "Ultimate Search Engine" ad campaign down here was a ripper and has really given other manufacturers a real scare. Hope they don't blow it!

GlennR 07-18-2012 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieWK2 (Post 658136)
Hikers... where did you get your stats from? Do you have an online link?

I agree with all comments here, this is a 2 edged sword, great news confirming our collective decisions to buy the WK2, the flip side though is CJD Aust service / product knowledge has not kept the pace.

Last year's "Ultimate Search Engine" ad campaign down here was a ripper and has really given other manufacturers a real scare. Hope they don't blow it!

So True, I've had die hard ML fans looking at my GC with envy especially with outstanding value for money comparatively speaking, however the shocking aftersales and part supply issue is now becoming known to the masses. I agree, I hope they don't blow it.

ENFORCER 07-18-2012 03:08 AM

You can find the article about Jeep's growth here, near the end

savvas 07-18-2012 06:09 PM

The PDF in Enforcer's link has another link in it to another article HERE.

The 2nd last paragraph uncovers why CJD are in such organisational disarray in Australia ... 3 head offices in 2 years? And that bar chart says it all. They obviously didnt plan for this rate of growth, or didnt expect it.

Choosing The Potbelleez "Dont Hold Back" was a master stroke in their marketing. I somehow cant imagine them being so successful without that tune backing them up.