Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Jeep Grand Cherokee Moose Test -- Full Story (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/jeep-grand-cherokee-moose-test-full-story-44850.html)

echostate 07-17-2012 08:35 PM

Jeep Grand Cherokee Moose Test -- Full Story

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaYFLb8WMGM

shit ... i don't like this ...

Angelo cherokee 07-17-2012 10:24 PM

Re: Jeep Grand Cherokee Moose Test -- Full Story

so whacha gonna do sell the car?

don't let a video **** up your head man

just drive it safely. I don't think you will be crazy enough to turn the car all the sudden like that would you now?

This is a fault and everyone is aware of and it have been posted before. There is no machine, car, phone, software that will release without faults!

that why in a process there should be always a feed back and then they will fix these faults.

You could trade in your car for SRT8 or wait for 2014 model which we hope will not have this issue.

End of the story bro :D

Mongoose9400 07-17-2012 10:28 PM

I still don't see any rolling....

FAUEE 07-17-2012 10:36 PM

If you watch, they use a LOT more steering in the Jeep. In fact, he goes full lock, then opposite full lock in the Jeep, whereas in the others, you can clearly see that they use a lot less steering, and they actually have a noticeable pause where the vehicle isn't receiving any steering input at all.

Bottom line? Hit the damn moose, and don't try to swerve like an idiot. You can't control the vehicle well enough to do that, and the vehicle isn't designed for that sort of thing. Hit the moose, get a new car. Simple as that.

kaflyboy 07-17-2012 10:38 PM

Looks like jeep has a problem on their hands.

Mongoose9400 07-17-2012 10:57 PM

I sent an email to the mag. I wanna see a WK2 SRT8!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S

xJoshxx 07-18-2012 06:06 AM

This was proven fake. he driver wasn't even wearing a helmet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0tYD_nIoJk proper testing would of been this. outriggers and all. you obviously see the ESC working on this video.

Anything can be disabled by the snip of a wire...

andyh 07-18-2012 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xJoshxx (Post 658176)
This was proven fake....

Anything can be disabled by the snip of a wire...

Link?

ENFORCER 07-18-2012 07:25 AM

Wow the ignorant comments on here are astounding.
IF this car has a problem Jeep need to fix it. Having front tyres blow out, or the car nearly roll is unacceptable.
Why do people not think this is not a bad thing, I sure as hell do and I am now concerned that any evasive manoeuvres on my car could result in a dangerous situation.

padgett 07-18-2012 08:24 AM

Try searching Youtube for "fail moose test". Not the only or even most spectacular. OTOH an opportunity for someone to make an "Autocross and Moose Evasion" handling kit available (n/a with QL).

See also "Scandinavian flick", looks like what they were doing. Can be impressive with the right car.

ColdCase 07-18-2012 09:07 AM

The driver was working very hard (and skillfully) to maximize the effect. The cars provided for comparison were not going as fast and seem to be on a smoother surface. I'd like to see the outrigged test done on an imperfect bumpy road, not a smooth surface.

That being said, I have noticed a disconcerting bounce and wallowing effect in some conditions, like driving through the curvy and bumpy part of I84 west side of Hartford CT just a tad on the faster than you should side. I think you can see the bounce on the video. I haven't had a car/truck do this in years (not even my Dodge 2500 mega cab). Seems like the WK2 QL suspension is not all that well damped, to me. I was thinking of getting stiffer shocks, at least for the rear.

How would the coil sprung WK2 perform in this test?

Suther 07-18-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENFORCER (Post 658192)
Wow the ignorant comments on here are astounding.
IF this car has a problem Jeep need to fix it. Having front tyres blow out, or the car nearly roll is unacceptable.
Why do people not think this is not a bad thing, I sure as hell do and I am now concerned that any evasive manoeuvres on my car could result in a dangerous situation.

Full agreement! No need to defend a GC, I think everybody here likes it and bought it on purpose. However, there seems to be an issue with it discovered by a Magazine who is known for doing this testing for years.

What I expected from Chrysler is, that they take this seriously, investigate and openly face this to take care about their product. I am disaapointed about the evasive maneuvers they did in the press (which will be definitly lethal for selling numbers). I just remember a mat issue under a braking pedal, wasn't that a Toyota? :rolleyes:

I understand that a new car has a glitch here and there, but what is the problem for a company to admit that they put cars early on the street and then get that fixed? 4wd-service, defective key-fobs, clunking noises, QL issues and now this, not a good start for the most selling, award winning SUV. I love my Jeep and will keep, so far. Still trusting Chrysler, that they put all the effort in getting all the issues fixed. :D