Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Poor Car (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/poor-car-44914.html)

MichaelDz 07-19-2012 08:09 AM

Poor Car

:(:(Sad day when I saw this yesterday...

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...C7uuWhzMQb-G0Q

Some people...

armoredsaint 07-19-2012 09:58 AM

Re: Poor Car

idiot:lol:

kkreit01 07-19-2012 10:38 AM

"I need to floor it to get up this rock". Dufus needs a wheelie bar.

JTS97Z28 07-19-2012 10:53 AM

I know a lot of guys like to offroad on this site so a lot will disagree with me, but I never understood all that. Bunch of guys standing around just to drive a truck over a rock....cool lol. Hey look I can get to the other side much easier by just walking :-D
Anyway, glad he was ok, that must have been a heck of a ride being in that thing.

bmrisko 07-19-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 658703)
I know a lot of guys like to offroad on this site so a lot will disagree with me, but I never understood all that. Bunch of guys standing around just to drive a truck over a rock....cool lol. Hey look I can get to the other side much easier by just walking :-D
Anyway, glad he was ok, that must have been a heck of a ride being in that thing.

It's a Jeep Thing, you wouldn't...wait, don't you own a Jeep? :confused:

gaidin43 07-20-2012 07:28 AM

The sad part is anyone who knows anything about rock crawling or 4 wheeling knows speed is not something that is very smart in these situations.

This guy should have accelerated SLOWLY and he wouldn't have been paying for a new jeep!!!

And looking at the degree of the incline it's likely that even if done right with straps that rig might never be able to make it.

bmrisko 07-20-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaidin43 (Post 659079)
The sad part is anyone who knows anything about rock crawling or 4 wheeling knows speed is not something that is very smart in these situations.

This guy should have accelerated SLOWLY and he wouldn't have been paying for a new jeep!!!

And looking at the degree of the incline it's likely that even if done right with straps that rig might never be able to make it.

We'll probably just chop the top and make it a buggy. Pretty popular option once you have your first roll. :thumbsup:

canis 07-20-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 658703)

I can follow that train of thought. But having been the guy crawling over the rock, I can also say it's just like any other hobby out there - it's something people enjoy doing that they practice and improve upon. This particular hobby is fun for guys because it's tangible, involves power, and requires a suprising degree of intelligence (yes, even the guy in the video), concentration and vision. It starts with building the rig, and then marveling in your creation and what it can do. It takes vision to choose the right line. It takes sensitivity and coordination to incorporate the right amount of steering, throttle, and braking input and at the right times. And then there's the ultimate reward - getting up or over something and looking back thinking "that was awesome - there's no way that should be possible!". Quite the adrenaline rush.

Like what Kennedy said about going to the moon: "...not because they are easy, but because they are hard..."

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmrisko (Post 659082)
We'll probably just chop the top and make it a buggy. Pretty popular option once you have your first roll. :thumbsup:

Were you out there? Looks like a great spot.

ultraelvis 07-21-2012 05:30 AM

Hilarious.

HOLD MY BEER. WATCH THIS!

Redealmaker 07-21-2012 08:59 AM

Hopefully he is not able to reproduce!