Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Off Road Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/)
-   -   Max tire size with RRO Lift? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/max-tire-size-with-rro-lift-44922.html)

slowurroll 07-19-2012 12:06 PM

Max tire size with RRO Lift?
 
I will be installing my RRO lift within the next few weeks (finally after a ton of delays). I want to buy new rubber so it doesn't look funny after being lifted. Can anyone tell me what tire size would best fit without rubbing issues? I want something a bit beefier but not too extreme since this jeep sees more street driving for now. I'm on stock rims for now. Don't have the cash to drop on new wheels real soon. I also will add the longer Monroe LLs to the rear and Rusty's strut plates to the front.

tfranzone 07-19-2012 04:01 PM

Re: Max tire size with RRO Lift?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowurroll (Post 658744)
I will be installing my RRO lift within the next few weeks (finally after a ton of delays). I want to buy new rubber so it doesn't look funny after being lifted. Can anyone tell me what tire size would best fit without rubbing issues? I want something a bit beefier but not too extreme since this jeep sees more street driving for now. I'm on stock rims for now. Don't have the cash to drop on new wheels real soon. I also will add the longer Monroe LLs to the rear and Rusty's strut plates to the front.

i would say 265/70/17s... and you may need to use wheel spacers to clear the bolt as well as do the pinch weld mod to avoid any rubbing at full lock. Thats the typical procedure when going with the 2" BB lift.

slowurroll 07-19-2012 08:20 PM

Re: Max tire size with RRO Lift?
 
Thanks for the input. I'll have to start looking into those large tires and making those mods. I definitely want something bigger in the tire realm.

Lucas J 07-23-2012 06:32 PM

Re: Max tire size with RRO Lift?
 
you can fit 285's if you really want but if you if you spend most of the time on road, I would stick with 265/70/17.

paroxysym 07-24-2012 06:53 AM

Re: Max tire size with RRO Lift?
 
285s look awesome with the RRO

Lucas J 07-24-2012 08:22 AM

Re: Max tire size with RRO Lift?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by paroxysym (Post 660630)
285s look awesome with the RRO

Yes they do.

slowurroll 07-26-2012 03:17 PM

Re: Max tire size with RRO Lift?
 
Thanks for the input guys. I'll probably end up with 265s since I do mostly road driving right now.

paroxysym 07-27-2012 06:32 AM

Re: Max tire size with RRO Lift?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowurroll (Post 661796)
Thanks for the input guys. I'll probably end up with 265s since I do mostly road driving right now.

285s would look better- just do the front pinch weld and adjust the rear bumpstops and youll be good to go. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lucas J 07-27-2012 07:45 AM

Re: Max tire size with RRO Lift?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by paroxysym (Post 662042)
285s would look better- just do the front pinch weld and adjust the rear bumpstops and youll be good to go. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

So what are you saying my jeep doesn't look good.:lol: JK
I agree, that is why I am saving up for 285's.

slowurroll 07-27-2012 12:05 PM

Re: Max tire size with RRO Lift?
 
God dammit. This is why I need to stay away from this forum. Cause now all I'm thinking about is 285s! :D Haha

Lucas J 07-27-2012 12:26 PM

Re: Max tire size with RRO Lift?
 
you won't regret it:D

paroxysym 07-29-2012 05:13 PM

Re: Max tire size with RRO Lift?
 
Nope won't regret it... Love the squatty look on these jeeps with 285s and minimal amount of lift.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community