Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Should I trade in my Overland to SRT8 now? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/should-i-trade-in-my-overland-to-srt8-now-44940.html)

Angelo cherokee 07-20-2012 02:05 AM

Should I trade in my Overland to SRT8 now?

Hey guys,

I have a GC Over Land 2012 and I love it so much, but after seeing the SRT8 2012 in front of me I have that feeling to trade in my car for a new SRT8 at the dealer.

I would love your advice I don't want to make a wrong decision. Should I really swap right now? or should I wait for 2014, because it will get new features?

Is there anyone who traded in their GC Over Land 2012 to SRT8 2012?

Can you tell me how satisfied are you? how do you feel your self making that move and replacing your car from a normal SUV to a Sport SUV?

Advice me, please ^_^

I'll be waiting for your reply and all your comments are accepted ;)

Juan 07-20-2012 02:28 AM

^^^ sounds like you have already answered your own question. If you have the cash why not! O and don't worry I'm sure the other members will be giving you much better answers

tavaresdc 07-20-2012 06:19 AM

Re: Should I trade in my Over Land to SRT8 now?

i went from the wrangler to the SRT8. the only thing i miss is how reckless i could be with the wrangler. i.e. hit curbs, go off road, drive thru snow mounds, etc... outside of that i am in love with the SRT8. And every time i feel like i miss going off road a launch the truck 0-60 from a light and then i forget all about the above mentioned stuff. best buy i ever made.

Mongoose9400 07-20-2012 07:29 AM

SRT8s FTMFW.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

mjw930 07-20-2012 08:35 AM

Trading isn't the wrong decision unless you can't afford it. You are at the worst point in your current trucks depreciation cycle. Obviously waiting until the 2014's come out puts you in better financial shape since you've amortized the depreciation over a longer period. The optimal purchase time would be this time in 2014 when they are discounting the 2014 SRT's and your 2012 is worth roughly the same as it would be in the beginning of the 2014 model year.

I traded a 2011 Overland on a "left over" 2012 SRT and was able to get out the door for less than MSRP INCLUDING the depreciation on my 2011. If you can make the same deal with your 2012 then go for it. If not then I would wait for the 2014's. Me, I think I'll be in a good place with my 2012 in 2 years so I may pick up a leftover 2014 then :)

m5biemer 07-20-2012 08:36 AM

My wife traded her 2011 Overland Summitt for the SRT8, she's happier with the SRT but has had some fit and finish issues with it that were not the case with the Overland. Handling and power are hands down superior and that's what she wanted. As 2014 order banks open early next year, I might wait until then if it were me. Also, be prepared to take a bath on your Overland, we took a pretty good one on ours with 8000 miles fully loaded.

HAMMMERHEAD 07-20-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw930 (Post 659102)
Trading isn't the wrong decision unless you can't afford it. You are at the worst point in your current trucks depreciation cycle. Obviously waiting until the 2014's come out puts you in better financial shape since you've amortized the depreciation over a longer period. The optimal purchase time would be this time in 2014 when they are discounting the 2014 SRT's and your 2012 is worth roughly the same as it would be in the beginning of the 2014 model year.

I traded a 2011 Overland on a "left over" 2012 SRT and was able to get out the door for less than MSRP INCLUDING the depreciation on my 2011. If you can make the same deal with your 2012 then go for it. If not then I would wait for the 2014's. Me, I think I'll be in a good place with my 2012 in 2 years so I may pick up a leftover 2014 then :)

What exactly is a "Leftover"....?

mjw930 07-20-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAMMMERHEAD (Post 659182)
What exactly is a "Leftover"....?

All 2012 SRT's were supposed to be customer orders, there were no dealer stock orders allowed. At least that was the official line last fall by both Chrysler and the dealers. What's happend is, through some slight of hand, dealers either ordered trucks for fictitious customers or the original customer backed out before it was delivered so there are now SRT's in stock. Since this was a condition Chrysler, the dealers and people in the know here insisted would NEVER happen I consider these leftovers. They are also being priced as leftovers meaning Invoice is the starting point for price, something everyone here said would never happen either.....

Pkane3 07-20-2012 02:57 PM

I was lucky enough to give my 2011 Overland to my wife and get my 2012 silver SRT8 2 weeks ago. I still need to take that garage picture. I love love love love love the SRT8, but I still get to sport the Overland if I need to (fishing and hunting trips need 4x4 in South LA.)

Scottina06 07-20-2012 06:50 PM

^^^^BEST of both worlds!

BOYCHIKS 07-20-2012 10:12 PM

If you have the cash, there is no question! Do you own your Overland or leasing it?

jgc4ever 07-21-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw930 (Post 659205)
All 2012 SRT's were supposed to be customer orders, there were no dealer stock orders allowed. At least that was the official line last fall by both Chrysler and the dealers. What's happend is, through some slight of hand, dealers either ordered trucks for fictitious customers or the original customer backed out before it was delivered so there are now SRT's in stock. Since this was a condition Chrysler, the dealers and people in the know here insisted would NEVER happen I consider these leftovers. They are also being priced as leftovers meaning Invoice is the starting point for price, something everyone here said would never happen either.....

Not me. I said all of this will happen and it has right in the time frame I expected. My dealer has 4 on the lot, 2 are black, one without DVD which I want but still can't justify the price, unfortunately. I love my Overland though.