Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Pano Roof One Touch Shade Open (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/pano-roof-one-touch-shade-open-44997.html)

FAUEE 07-21-2012 09:56 PM

Pano Roof One Touch Shade Open

Hey guys, this is probably a dumb question, but has anyone figured out how to make the pano roof's shade open fully without having to press the button twice? I have to press the button, let it stop at halfway, and then press the button again to open the shade all the way... which is annoying.

If anyone knows how to fix that, I'd love to know.

blackpepper 07-21-2012 09:59 PM

It's a standard function... I found it weird in the first gen srx Cadillac (that operates its Sun shade similarly), but it seems to serve a purpose.... One I'm not sure of.. ahaha

Ryan

anupe 07-21-2012 10:31 PM

Re: Pano Roof One Touch Shade Open

I could be wrong, but if you press and hold the button for a second or two it will go all the way back. A quick touch only goes half way as you are experiencing now.

armoredsaint 07-21-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anupe (Post 659703)
I could be wrong, but if you press and hold the button for a second or two it will go all the way back. A quick touch only goes half way as you are experiencing now.

i might test that out myself, i think i did once without paying much attention.

JRNYC 07-22-2012 02:34 AM

Mine opened once all the way also. Haven't recreated it,o I don't use the whole shade open. Gonna try it now also.

FAUEE 07-23-2012 06:00 PM

I tried holding it for 2 seconds today. All it did was open only while I was holding it.

JeepMonster 07-23-2012 09:20 PM

I'm interested in this as well.

Aiyer 07-23-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAUEE (Post 660417)
I tried holding it for 2 seconds today. All it did was open only while I was holding it.

ditto.

Mongoose9400 07-23-2012 10:40 PM

From the OM:

Opening Power Shade — Express
Press the shade switch rearward and release it within one-half second and the shade will open automatically from any position. The shade will open fully and stop automatically. This is called “Express Open”. During Express Open operation, any movement of the shade switch will stop the shade.

My guess would be instead of just tapping the button to open, press and hold for less than half a second and see what happens. If you hold it too long it goes into manual mode.

MikeBoom 07-24-2012 11:03 AM

I haven't figured out the magic, either. A couple of times it's opened fully, but I honestly don't know what I did differently. Maybe, as suggested, it's more than a momentary touch of the button.

Angler 07-24-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeBoom (Post 660735)
I haven't figured out the magic, either. A couple of times it's opened fully, but I honestly don't know what I did differently. Maybe, as suggested, it's more than a momentary touch of the button.

Same here. Seems like it always did it when I first got my GCO but doesn't anymore. I thought I only imagined it opened fully before since it now stops part way at the same point all the time.
Reading the manual, and as MONGOOSE posted, it doesn't appear the shade has an express open that fully opens the shade with one touch like the pano window.

Cherodude 07-25-2012 10:00 PM

If your Jeep has had its battery disconnected (like at a service repair), then you may need to reset the Express function.

Check Post #4 of this thread:
http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/sunroof-controls-reset-40677.html