Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Overland stereo upgrade and other pics (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/overland-stereo-upgrade-and-other-pics-45002.html)

dslide 07-21-2012 10:55 PM

Overland stereo upgrade and other pics

7 Attachment(s)
Like many people on here, I think the Overland sound system is great. But because I love this rig so much I started thinking that I could really improve the sound since it's probably a keeper for a while. Thanks to all those who have posted about system upgrades because it gave me a great roadmap of what to consider. Ironically when I went to my trusted car audio shop, they recommended almost the same setup that I've seen posted in various forms here. What I ended up with:

JL Stealthbox
Focal IS165 components for the front
Alpine SPR10TW tweeters for the back up above by liftgate
JL XD4004 amp under rear driver side seat
Kenwood X5001 amp under rear pass side seat
LC6i converter mounted next to spare (I've seen cleaner mounts, but fine for me)
Sub control dial mounted under dash by the e-brake

This new system kicks major ass. I'm not a true "audiophile" like some but do appreciate deep, rich sound and this setup delivers. Night and day from what is already a very nice stock system. I was also pleased to see during install that the centerstack remained in place and all the upgrades were done without having to go in the dash (Some may say "of course", but I am far from an install expert and wasn't sure if they would need to do this or not).

I've owned some nice cars in my life, but for some reason I am extra passionate about this Jeep and love modding it. I also recently had a local exhaust shop extend my chrome tips a few inches because I wasn't a fan of how they came recessed in the bumper. $50 mod that I think gives the rear a better look. Also bought the SRT perforated leather shift knob (thanks Scott for posting the pic that generated my interest) from Just for Jeeps. Simple install took two minutes. Peace.

Here are the pics:

dslide 07-21-2012 10:58 PM

Re: Overland stereo upgrade and other pics

4 Attachment(s)
More

Marko-WK2 07-21-2012 11:09 PM

really clean!

JRNYC 07-21-2012 11:52 PM

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

montgb 07-22-2012 01:42 PM

Love it!

SRTLUVR 07-22-2012 02:29 PM

Very cool man! I likes! :)

kkreit01 07-23-2012 12:13 PM

Very nice selection of equipment. I bet it sounds great, but it better for the money spent :) .

67rally 07-23-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkreit01 (Post 660257)
Very nice selection of equipment. I bet it sounds great, but it better for the money spent :) .

I don't think that's a bad price at all given the equipment he added.

kkreit01 07-24-2012 12:58 PM

Including installation, that was a good price. I didn't even catch the price in the original message. I was thinking $2-3K. It looks to be a pain to get to the sub.

Deception 07-25-2012 01:18 PM

Does it sound like a 1700 system? Comparing it to stock? Cause I'm looking at going down the same route as you with this

RageOfFury 07-25-2012 03:18 PM

Awesome! I love seeing people whom have upgraded their audio setup :)

Juan 07-25-2012 03:31 PM

Nice audio setup! Could you post a pic of the amp under the seat?

Those tires looks good! What size are they?

Last questions, stock speakers would you want to sell them if so message me.