Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   $6200 damage (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/6200-damage-4502.html)

pkang21 12-04-2009 04:28 PM

$6200 damage
 
i got the estimate and the jeep is coming back around end of next week.
the labour is $2000 and parts fee is $4200
i tried to order the srt8 bumper, but the shipping would take 2-3 weeks and i have pay +1800 extra... so it wasnt reallly practical.
i got the the srt8 grille tho i only have to pay a 100$ difference

White WK Swagga 12-04-2009 04:30 PM

Re: $6200 damage
 
Nice! As long as everything work out for ya!

B.P.O.D 12-04-2009 04:31 PM

Re: $6200 damage
 
awesome! do you only have to pay your deductable?

DJ BoNiOmArIo 12-04-2009 04:32 PM

Re: $6200 damage
 
glad it worked out ... did they budge on liability?

dreamer1213 12-04-2009 04:50 PM

Re: $6200 damage
 
Sooo...what exactly happened now? Did I miss something?

iJeep 12-04-2009 05:00 PM

Re: $6200 damage
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pkang21 (Post 111601)
i got the estimate and the jeep is coming back around end of next week.
the labour is $2000 and parts fee is $4200
i tried to order the srt8 bumper, but the shipping would take 2-3 weeks and i have pay +1800 extra... so it wasnt reallly practical.
i got the the srt8 grille tho i only have to pay a 100$ difference

Im sure that this quote does not include OEM parts.. You better off getting the parts yourself from car-parts.com. Like I said to you before. You can fix yourself or at least get the parts yourself.

Micallef 12-04-2009 05:41 PM

Re: $6200 damage
 
that's not too bad man, glad things worked out for ya

Scottina06 12-04-2009 06:02 PM

Re: $6200 damage
 
$6200 ca?

Matt McKenzie 12-05-2009 01:23 AM

Re: $6200 damage
 
Glad it's gettin fixed!

pkang21 12-06-2009 10:58 PM

Re: $6200 damage
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by iJeep (Post 111630)
Im sure that this quote does not include OEM parts.. You better off getting the parts yourself from car-parts.com. Like I said to you before. You can fix yourself or at least get the parts yourself.

i looked into paying for it by myself... but
i only need to pay 300 dollars(deductible) to the collision shop and 100 more per year for 3 years for insurance ... and my insurance will cover it.
so i dunt think its worth fixing with my own money.
the quote i got is OEM parts because i checked them out before they installed it.
some parts are from junkyards but some are from the dealership. like the srt8 grille.

6200 CAD scott!
not as bad as i thought.. they are un-bending? the radiator, new hood(was thinking about the aftermarket.. but not really feeling it on the wk body imo), some new sheit for my fluids.. new grillee..new bumper.. but the old lip is staying on there.

Scottina06 12-07-2009 08:45 PM

Re: $6200 damage
 
ok....I thought so. Whats the conversion now...1/2?

iJeep 12-08-2009 11:45 PM

Re: $6200 damage
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pkang21 (Post 112670)
i looked into paying for it by myself... but
i only need to pay 300 dollars(deductible) to the collision shop and 100 more per year for 3 years for insurance ... and my insurance will cover it.
so i dunt think its worth fixing with my own money.
the quote i got is OEM parts because i checked them out before they installed it.
some parts are from junkyards but some are from the dealership. like the srt8 grille.


Cool, sounds like a good deal then.. :thumbsup:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community