Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   REAR recovery Hook (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/rear-recovery-hook-45027.html)

ENFORCER 07-22-2012 07:59 PM

REAR recovery Hook

I was washing the car the other day and remember reading about dealers not replacing the rear hook when installing a towbar.
I cannot find my rear hook, so was wanting to get a picture of one with a towbar so I can confirm it does not have one fitted.
TIA

GlennR 07-22-2012 08:36 PM

Re: REAR recovery Hook

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENFORCER (Post 659995)
I was washing the car the other day and remember reading about dealers not replacing the rear hook when installing a towbar.
I cannot find my rear hook, so was wanting to get a picture of one with a towbar so I can confirm it does not have one fitted.
TIA

Here you go Mate.

ENFORCER 07-22-2012 09:37 PM

Thanks Glenn.
Dam, looks like a trip back to the sheltered workshop:(

John47 07-22-2012 11:24 PM

More than a small job to reinstall however....the bumper has to come off as the rear hook shares the tow bar bolts, and access to the nuts is only available once it is removed.
I got the tow hook back from the dealer after I discovered they hadn't refitted it with the tow bar and with the intention of putting it back on - but when I found out what was involved I'll stick to using the tow bar receiver and pin for the snatch strap.
Likely your rear hook has long gone into the scrap bin - good luck with the dealer.
john

ENFORCER 07-23-2012 12:06 AM

dam I did not want to hear about it being so hard.
I might just forget about it, as I never plan to go anywhere that needs recovery, unless it breaks down in a shopping center. I might see if I can get the hook back though, as it may help out a future owner.

GMWK2 07-23-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

as I never plan to go anywhere that needs recovery
You never know - I used mine to pull a Falcon ute out of a wet and muddy grass carpark at one of my sons AFL games. They had been trying with a Hyundai till I came along.

AussieWK2 07-23-2012 06:10 AM

I don't want to harp on it but notch this up as yet another example of quality MIA at Jeep.

I think you should at least request they instal a replacement hook, give them a chance to do the right thing.

ENFORCER 07-23-2012 07:10 AM

Yeah, but it means I have to go back there AGAIN !!!

AussieWK2 07-23-2012 07:18 AM

BTW, you may have to slightly modify your signature until you find your hook....:D

ENFORCER 07-23-2012 05:42 PM

Done :cool:

AussieWK2 07-24-2012 02:15 AM

Cool!