Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Painted the Chrome grille and taillight piece (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/painted-the-chrome-grille-and-taillight-piece-45048.html)

uofh2005 07-23-2012 07:25 AM

Painted the Chrome grille and taillight piece

3 Attachment(s)
Well I got the chrome painted by Scott who did a great job. Now I just can't decide if I like the color matched grille or if I like it better flat black in the front. I drove around without the chrome piece for a while and really started to like the black up in the front that sort of matches all the black trim.

Megatron 07-23-2012 07:29 AM

Re: Painted the Chrome grille and taillight piece

Looks clean, I feel that a black grill would look good with black wheels.

rpoverland 07-23-2012 08:20 AM

I agree that black grill and blak wheel would look good, but I really like the gray grill on that color. I don't know if that would look good on any other color, mine is white and I'm still thinking about what to do.

I'll wait till I install the winch and see what color looks better.

MAXGroup 07-23-2012 08:37 AM

I prefer the body color match for grill brow and mirror caps, makes the car look better to me.

dslide 07-23-2012 09:05 AM

Looks great. Agree with above comments that a black grill would look good too, but may need black wheels to complete. I think painting the rear brow body color is one of the best mods you can do. Enjoy.

firefighterk 08-04-2012 04:37 PM

was it hard to paint the rear brow.. i feel like the lock button would be a pain to paint around.. i want to do it but im afraid lol

JackBurton 08-04-2012 06:35 PM

I like the rear color match, but I'm not sure about the grille. I would like to see that in black, you could always Plastidip it and if it doesn't work out peel it right off. Generally I like the chrome grille as it matches the other chrome pieces.

fox_hound 08-04-2012 10:47 PM

Yea man that looks dope. Id love to paint mine black. Im just not sure how to either get them off or go about painting them. good job man!

uofh2005 08-04-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLKAltitude (Post 665760)
was it hard to paint the rear brow.. i feel like the lock button would be a pain to paint around.. i want to do it but im afraid lol

Well I took the whole chrome piece off the back and sent it to Scott to have painted. The lock button is separate from the piece and just left it chrome.

BobsWK2 08-05-2012 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uofh2005 (Post 665888)
Well I took the whole chrome piece off the back and sent it to Scott to have painted. The lock button is separate from the piece and just left it chrome.

I would of also had the chrome button painted. Now it kind of sticks out like a sore thumb.

scooterha 08-08-2012 06:12 AM

wow I really like the body colored rear brow. the chrome plastic piece looks kind of cheap to me or maybe its just too much, My Jeep is maximum steel i wonder how well that would look.

Jeep_addicted 08-08-2012 07:35 AM

I like the color matched grill but I love the rear brow treatment it makes the rear end look more cohesive.