Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes and Exhausts/Superchargers/Turbos (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f170/)
-   -   Don't read this if you could care less about mpg (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f170/dont-read-this-if-you-could-care-less-about-mpg-45066.html)

UpNort4X4 07-23-2012 02:51 PM

Don't read this if you could care less about mpg

I just drove from Springfield, IL to Waukesha, WI (4 hour drive) in 100 degree heat. I set the Adaptive Cruise Control to 70 mph... A/C and Classic Vinyl cranked... and averaged 20 mpg. IMO that is astounding. I have the Borla ATAK axle-back and Hennessey Intake as mods to date. SDF (Still Drone Free)...

mjw930 07-23-2012 03:36 PM

Re: Don't read this if you could care less about mpg

That's outstanding. Do you have similar numbers for that drive when the truck was stock?

UpNort4X4 07-23-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw930 (Post 660358)
That's outstanding. Do you have similar numbers for that drive when the truck was stock?

I wish I had data from pre-mod... sorry... :(

radbushi 08-14-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UpNort392 (Post 660346)
I just drove from Springfield, IL to Waukesha, WI (4 hour drive) in 100 degree heat. I set the Adaptive Cruise Control to 70 mph... A/C and Classic Vinyl cranked... and averaged 20 mpg. IMO that is astounding. I have the Borla ATAK axle-back and Hennessey Intake as mods to date. SDF (Still Drone Free)...

Hennessey dosen't want much for that K&N filter and a piece of pipe. $400 bucks sheesh.

m5biemer 08-14-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radbushi (Post 670365)
Hennessey dosen't want much for that K&N filter and a piece of pipe. $400 bucks sheesh.

Agreed, there ain't much to it! Just think about all the R&D they must have had to cover, though!

radbushi 08-14-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m5biemer (Post 670440)
Agreed, there ain't much to it! Just think about all the R&D they must have had to cover, though!

Maybe, but it's not like their first Rodeo. R&D from 6.1 to 6.4? Yep definitely a rape job :)
BTW how much differance in the sound of the engine while crusing down the road?
Thanks

m5biemer 08-14-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radbushi (Post 670449)
Maybe, but it's not like their first Rodeo. R&D from 6.1 to 6.4? Yep definitely a rape job :)
BTW how much differance in the sound of the engine while crusing down the road?
Thanks

Agreed, the R&D probably took all of 10 minutes!

Not really noticing much of a sound difference at normal driving speeds, you get a pretty good whallop with WOT. With my WK1, my recollection is that the CAI was much more noticeable in everyday driving. Perhaps some relates to the better insulation in the WK2.

radbushi 08-14-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m5biemer (Post 670462)
Agreed, the R&D probably took all of 10 minutes!

Not really noticing much of a sound difference at normal driving speeds, you get a pretty good whallop with WOT. With my WK1, my recollection is that the CAI was much more noticeable in everyday driving. Perhaps some relates to the better insulation in the WK2.

Ok thanks. I will have to give in and make that mod. Just did't want it purring to loud :)