Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f197/)
-   -   Finished my CF (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f197/finished-my-cf-45123.html)

jdloaner 07-24-2012 11:53 PM

Finished my CF

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4...0724195347.jpg

Trav1s 07-25-2012 08:26 AM

Re: Finished my CF

Looks great! Nice improvement over the factory woodgrain inserts.

TJXJWJ 07-25-2012 09:50 AM

Dude, that looks awesome! Great work! You plan on wrapping anything else?

TheStreet16 07-25-2012 11:28 AM

Nice job!

Martyp 07-25-2012 05:29 PM

I like!! :thumbsup:

How do you get bass/mid/treble adjustments on your radio? No fair... :lol:

TheStreet16 07-25-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martyp (Post 661367)

It comes stock I believe. Mine had it. I still have it if you want it :lol::thumbsup:

Martyp 07-25-2012 05:50 PM

Mine only has Bass/Treble, premium sound package w/10 disc changer.

I'm all over playing with EQs lol... I really do need to fit a double-din at some point for iPod integration.

TJXJWJ 07-25-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martyp (Post 661376)
Mine only has Bass/Treble, premium sound package w/10 disc changer.

I'm all over playing with EQs lol... I really do need to fit a double-din at some point for iPod integration.

Or get an RB1 and Mopar integration kit...I love mine. Charges and plays right through the RB1 without losing any of the stock capability.

Martyp 07-26-2012 10:24 AM

I had the RB-3 in mine (Euro equivalent of the RB-1) and the screen died on it. :(

Not getting one of those again, sound quality was better but for the price I can get a damn good double DIN!

jdloaner 07-26-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Thanks guys, that 3M Di-Noc really is amazing stuff. Order a 2' x 4' sheet off eBay, you can get it including shipping for around $40. IMO it could be the best sub-$50 "upgrade" you can do(at least in terms of "noticibility"(new word?)), just make sure it's real 3M. Let me know if you want the buyer I got it from or the type/color #... 3 days later it was waiting on my porch, well packaged.
*Bonus* While wrapping my ashtray/HS insert I was able to pull apart that mysterious ashtray assembly to fix the spring and the guide track for proper open/close(taped previously)... might be the best part of my mod :lol:. The ashtray actually took some work to figure out once removed and all its little pins, springs and hinges were lying next to it :eek:. Admit I was a little worried for about 15 mins I was gonna be using glue instead of tape to re-install.

I didn't think there was anything else to wrap, what were you thinking?

Although, I do have a bit of leftover which was a wise decision because I pulled two different wraps off after feeling they weren't quite perfect. This is one of those things that since you are essentially wrapping a fake CF sticker inside your car, if it isn't flawless, it IMMEDIATELY looks retarded and a little bit of your-lame-for-doing-that ghetto.

It actually takes a while to do each piece(20-30/per, although I'm pretty OCD) and get a feel for how it reacts to curves, heat, etc. Just take your time, over-cut your pieces so you have plenty to trim/wrap/stuff, and start with the little insert left of wheel. Then move to the radio bezel and then ashtray/h.seats insert if you have it... these are the only three worth removing. The rest can be done with a long flat-head screwdriver, sharp scissors(had an exacto on standby, didn't use) and hair dryer. Save the rear door trims for last, they are the most difficult especially getting the end to look nice which has a big flat part and a much sharper corner than the rest.

Overall, couldn't be happier with it. The cabin looks entirely different and feels completely new now. I can't stop staring at it and I keep finding errands to run all over town, lol.

Good luck and let me know if you need any direction.

-J

Quote:

@Martyp: Oh that's what I used the leftover carbon fiber for, told you it was amazing stuff! ha.. no I think its that Pre-'02 Infiniti Packages came with three sliders instead of two on the HU. I actually kind of like the analog look... I have no problems with keeping the stock HU, especially after dropping that USA*SPEC iPod module in. I ran both iPod and AUX cable into the center console off it, kinda nice to have both.

J

Martyp 07-26-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdloaner (Post 661737)
I have no problems with keeping the stock HU, especially after dropping that USA*SPEC iPod module in. I ran both iPod and AUX cable into the center console off it, kinda nice to have both.

Info please!! :cool:

JeepFreak12 08-01-2012 05:17 AM

Looks awsome man. Looks like i found my next project!