Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/)
-   -   Any Cooper Discoverer AT3's out there ? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/any-cooper-discoverer-at3s-out-there-45144.html)

dmsfun 07-25-2012 02:37 PM

Any Cooper Discoverer AT3's out there ?

My Destination AT's have over 50k now; still have tread life left but time for some new rubber. Tirerack rates the Dest AT as tops but they do not carry the Coopers. THe Cooper AT3s look really good, all reviews are positive, and they are about $160 cheaper than a set of Firestone's. Anybody using them out there on a WK ?

tfranzone 07-25-2012 03:04 PM

Re: Any Cooper Discoverer AT3's out there ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmsfun (Post 661299)
My Destination AT's have over 50k now; still have tread life left but time for some new rubber. Tirerack rates the Dest AT as tops but they do not carry the Coopers. THe Cooper AT3s look really good, all reviews are positive, and they are about $160 cheaper than a set of Firestone's. Anybody using them out there on a WK ?

im running a set of 265/70/17 AT3s... No complaints so far I can think off.. lost a little control once but i was going down a very rock filled dirt road a little too quick on a turn so we'll blame that on me... haha They typically eat up rocky roads.. I've always got some dime sized rocks in the treads to pick out.. and they perform well in the woods so far ... at least here in northeast PA...havent tested them in much mud yet. They are pretty aggressive looking and practically silent on the hwy too if youre concerned with that. I can't speak a ton on the tread wear bc I've only had them for 2,000 miles.. but reviews on that seem solid. I think if I had to buy another tire it would be either the Cooper AT3s, BFG ATs, or the Goodyr Duratracs.

dmsfun 07-25-2012 06:47 PM

Thanks; one of my concerns is how smooth and quiet the AT3's are on HWY as they do look agressive... most of my miles are on the pavement, with occasional off roading.

tfranzone 07-26-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmsfun (Post 661393)
Thanks; one of my concerns is how smooth and quiet the AT3's are on HWY as they do look agressive... most of my miles are on the pavement, with occasional off roading.

I drive 75 miles on the 4days a week with them.. no tire sound.

dmsfun 07-26-2012 11:17 AM

Awesome bro, I'm going for a set of 245/65/17's AT3's today.

dmsfun 08-06-2012 10:13 AM

So far I really like these AT3's; smoother and quieter than the Firestone Destination AT's I was running. They handle better too, but that's also comparing new versus old with wear. Cooper's tests showed superior rain performance over BF Goodrich and Toyo's, but still no chance to see how they are in the rain since the drought continues.

tfranzone 08-06-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmsfun (Post 666482)
So far I really like these AT3's; smoother and quieter than the Firestone Destination AT's I was running. They handle better too, but that's also comparing new versus old with wear. Cooper's tests showed superior rain performance over BF Goodrich and Toyo's, but still no chance to see how they are in the rain since the drought continues.

Mine went through some torrential rain yesterday while on the highway.. had to drive slower.. 50mph. but they handled well.

dmsfun 08-08-2012 12:16 PM

After more driving, these are without doubt a better tire and match for the Jeep than the Firestone Destination AT's which I really liked too. The Coopers are notably smoother over bumps, quieter at all speeds, and better riding on the Highway. I'll be in Wisconsin this weekend for some off road fun where they should really do well.