Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   Wow my parts came already =D (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/wow-my-parts-came-already-d-4515.html)

05quadratrac 12-05-2009 03:43 PM

Wow my parts came already =D

I ordered them early Friday morning from so I wasnt expecting them for awhile, I heard the door this morning not even considering it was the parts already, open the door and I have my K&N intake and muffler sitting there. I think that was the fastest shipping I've ever had and it was free. My weekend just got a whole lot better. :D Of course its snowing and I dont have a heated garage so no install today.

Scottina06 12-05-2009 03:48 PM

Re: Wow my parts came already =D

wuss........

LOL....J/K!

05quadratrac 12-05-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 112019)
wuss........

LOL....J/K!

haha nothing worse than having a snowflake go down your back or buttcrack while your under the hood working on the car. I need to hit a Muffler shop for the muffler install anyway, the one dude around me charges way too much it was like 95 bucks to have a glasspack welded onto a v6 stang like 10 years ago god only knows what he would charge me now especially since I think a small section of pipe is needed since this muffler is a lot small than stock. I hope this setup sounds good and brings me lots of chics. :D

Redsand 12-05-2009 05:45 PM

Good to hear man, so I take it you will be running the jeep next Sunday?

05quadratrac 12-05-2009 06:27 PM

Possibly but not 100% yet I still need to get it all installed and I dont want to be too embarrassed running against you guys haha. It's usually my paintball day but I might skip it just to see what my times are, im going to say 15.7 if im lucky.

05quadratrac 12-05-2009 06:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What do you guys think is a fair price for the muffler install? It's been 10 years since I had one done and I think I was ripped of then.

dreamer1213 12-05-2009 06:44 PM

I would say 50 bucks...all they are doing is cutting your stocker out, and welding the new on on with an extension pipe. Congrats! I'm sure its gonna sound amazing...especially with the intake.

I recommend you install the intake first, and drive to hear what it sounds like with just the intake...once you throw the Magnaflow into the mix...it'll drown out the intake's sound.

05quadratrac 12-05-2009 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamer1213 (Post 112082)
I would say 50 bucks...all they are doing is cutting your stocker out, and welding the new on on with an extension pipe. Congrats! I'm sure its gonna sound amazing...especially with the intake.

I recommend you install the intake first, and drive to hear what it sounds like with just the intake...once you throw the Magnaflow into the mix...it'll drown out the intake's sound.

Yeah thanks thats what I plan to do tomorrow im curious to hear how the intake sounds, monday i'll have the muffler put on. It just sucks that the gen 1 4.7 is so weak, its going to be all bark and no bite but I guess since its an SUV it wont be soo bad, people arnt as critical with loud and slow SUV's and truck's as they are with sports cars.

dreamer1213 12-05-2009 06:52 PM

Don't beat on the 4.7 of yours...its a capable engine...you just have to unlock its potential!

We need a vid of just the intake! ;)

05quadratrac 12-05-2009 06:55 PM

haha god only knows how its going to come out tomorrow i've never installed one but it seems simple enough. I guess with some trial and error it should come out right, or come out looking like a 2 foot high snorkel. =D I'll take some before and after video of the intake sound and exhaust sound too.

dreamer1213 12-05-2009 07:09 PM

Its easy as pie to install, and it usually comes with a nice sheet of instructions too. It would be hard to mess it up.

Redsand 12-05-2009 07:14 PM

Yeah, installing an intake is piece of cake. I have no mechanical skills whatsoever and I installed mine within about 2 hours with no trouble at all.