Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Jeep Grand Cherokee Passes "Moose Test" Performed by Germany's Auto Motor and Sport (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/jeep-grand-cherokee-passes-moose-test-performed-by-germanys-auto-motor-and-sport-45225.html)

Milous 07-27-2012 12:59 PM

Jeep Grand Cherokee Passes "Moose Test" Performed by Germany's Auto Motor and Sport

July 27, 2012 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - An evaluation of the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee by Germany-based magazine Auto, Motor und Sport (AMS) found the vehicle – including its advanced safety systems – performed successfully and as designed. The Grand Cherokee completed multiple repetitions of an evasive maneuver sometimes known as the “moose test” or “elk test.” The maneuver was performed by an AMS driver at an automotive test site in Germany that is sanctioned by the Allgemeiner Deutscher Automobil-Club (ADAC). Course dimensions and layout, checked and approved by AMS, were those set out by the International Standards Organization (ISO). The result reaffirms the Grand Cherokee’s place among the safest vehicles on the road today, evidenced by its listing as a “Top Safety Pick” by the U.S. Insurance Institute for Highway Safety – one of the honors that made it the most awarded SUV ever.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/n...t-5305076.html

English Translation of Auto Motor und Sport story:

Jeep Grand Cherokee passes the moose test; Jeep does not roll over

The new Jeep Grand Cherokee does not roll over even at high speed, with sharp steering maneuvers, maximum passengers and fully loaded. During the Auto Motor und Sport moose test, the vehicle remained safely on the road and none of the four wheels lost contact with the road.

With this, Auto Motor und Sport puts into perspective the results of the Swedish magazine, Teknikens Varld, that alleged a danger of the SUV tipping during fast direction change towards the last of the three pylon lanes.

Even though the Jeep Grand Cherokee had already passed the first test performed by Auto Motor und Sport, including an avoidance test with releasing the accelerator pedal provoking a load shift, the test was repeated once more by auto motor und sport after the result in Sweden.

Under standardized conditions for road surface and with pylon lanes set depending on vehicle width in accordance to the guidelines determined by the VDA (Verband der Deutschen Automobilindustrie; German Automotive Manufacturer Association), the Jeep remained safely on the road during the magazine’s test.

Whether loaded with 2 people on board or with the maximum permissible total weight, all four wheels maintained contact with the ground to the greatest possible extent. The tested Jeep did not demonstrate one-sided uplift or, let alone, tipping. This confirms the theory that the Cherokee in Sweden was overloaded.

2005JGC 07-27-2012 01:17 PM

Suck it sweeds... Thanks for the artical milous!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

DirtyDuc83 07-27-2012 02:29 PM

Re: Jeep Grand Cherokee Passes "Moose Test" Performed by Germany's Auto Motor und Sp

Awesome!

SRTgirl 07-27-2012 02:35 PM

Re: Jeep Grand Cherokee Passes "Moose Test" Performed by Germany's Auto Motor und Sp

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005JGC (Post 662160)
Suck it sweeds...

Yeah, what he said....couldn't have said it better! Lolololol! :D

Scottina06 07-27-2012 02:39 PM

cue the naysayers.....

maxst2 07-27-2012 02:56 PM

maybe they screwed up the conversion from standard to metric ;)

chucksc 07-27-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005jgc (Post 662160)
suck it sweeds...

+1 :d

AussieWK2 07-27-2012 04:50 PM

Jeep comes out swinging! :) Is there footage to follow?

Thanks Milous.

moosehead 07-27-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 653975)
FWIW, my 2011 WK2 has passed the Moose test with flying colors, including: towing heavy loads at speed and at altitude, deep snow, extended subzero conditions, hi speed highway and alpine hairpins, moderate offroad, sand, creek crossings, date night, checkbook balance, and the all important reverse nod from the valet crew.

The Euros and other imports can kiss my 'Murican Arse.

Always wanted to quote myself. Thanks Milous.

Uh, and for the love of gawd, can you guys take it easy with the violent & bloody car wreck Moose photos, lumbering/slow/blind Moose references, and other such heartless comments. Moose are sensitive.

padgett 07-27-2012 08:41 PM

All it took was for Sabine Schmitz to drive.

savvas 07-27-2012 10:22 PM

That's huge. It's going to be interesting to see the swedish response though. Both Swedes and Germans are not cultures that can accept being wrong too easily.

ENFORCER 07-28-2012 06:51 AM

So a very small article with no video, no test data, no mention if the tyres blewout or anything substantial and we are think it is OK.

Call me a nah sayer, but once I see something CONCLUSIVE, not just a "she is all good" from a german magazine without anything to back it up, is not enough.
I guess because it is on the internet, then it must be true:lol:
Believe me I WANT THIS TO BE PROVEN AS A VERY SAFE CAR