Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Billet Technology Under Hood Kit (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/billet-technology-under-hood-kit-45244.html)

Helheim 07-27-2012 09:29 PM

Billet Technology Under Hood Kit
 
http://my.webpix.ca/d/2987-1/IMG_1817.JPG
http://my.webpix.ca/d/2992-2/IMG_1819.JPG
http://my.webpix.ca/d/3029-1/IMG_7288.JPG
http://my.webpix.ca/d/3056-1/IMG_7318.JPG
http://my.webpix.ca/d/3010-2/IMG_7274.JPG

Scottina06 07-27-2012 09:33 PM

Re: Billet Technology Under Hood Kit
 
very nice BT designer series

Helheim 07-27-2012 09:44 PM

Re: Billet Technology Under Hood Kit
 
Yeap. Lost the set screw to the A/C cap anyone know what size it is? Need a new valve cover or something so I can install the catch can.

Mongoose9400 07-27-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helheim (Post 662331)
Yeap. Lost the set screw to the A/C cap anyone know what size it is? Need a new valve cover or something so I can install the catch can.

Looks good!

I'd say PM billet tech for the screw size. If you have lowes in Canada they sell spacers like what BT supplied for the catch can. Buy a longer bolt and a couple spacers to space the catch can out far enough from that cover. You may be able to find one of those set screws there too. Look in the specialty hardware drawers.


Sent from my iPhone 4S

RCBS204 07-27-2012 10:21 PM

Re: Billet Technology Under Hood Kit
 
Cool, do something like that for my 5.7L.

CMil527 07-28-2012 08:24 AM

Re: Billet Technology Under Hood Kit
 
Looks great!

radbushi 08-09-2012 01:56 PM

Re: Billet Technology Under Hood Kit
 
My Billet Tech catch can will be here Saterday. I hope it comes with clear mounting instructions.

Mongoose9400 08-09-2012 02:00 PM

Re: Billet Technology Under Hood Kit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by radbushi (Post 668130)
My Billet Tech catch can will be here Saterday. I hope it comes with clear mounting instructions.

Disconnect hose. Mount CC with one bolt. Cut hoses to fit. It's a real simple install man. Even without instructions you should be able to figure it out just by seeing these pics.

robpp 08-09-2012 03:53 PM

Re: Billet Technology Under Hood Kit
 
^^^^^ the problem is......if you look at the OP pic his plastic valve cover thing is DIFFERENT then the one they designed the mount for.

something either changed during production or its an EXPORT thing.....IDK.

either needs a different mount, the different valve cover, or some cutting to the existing cover. the sde is different.
but it wont fit if the COVER looks like the OPs./

http://my.webpix.ca/d/3029-1/IMG_7288.JPG

Mongoose9400 08-09-2012 03:56 PM

Re: Billet Technology Under Hood Kit
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 668172)
^^^^^ the problem is......if you look at the OP pic his plastic valve cover thing is DIFFERENT then the one they designed the mount for.

something either changed during production or its an EXPORT thing.....IDK.

either needs a different mount, the different valve cover, or some cutting to the existing cover. the sde is different.
but it wont fit if the COVER looks like the OPs./

http://my.webpix.ca/d/3029-1/IMG_7288.JPG

It's the cover they use on Canadian Jeeps. Worst case, goto the hardware store and buy a longer bolt and some spacers.

kbench55 08-09-2012 05:10 PM

Re: Billet Technology Under Hood Kit
 
My cover isn't like that. Maybe it was changed on the later builds.

Mongoose9400 08-09-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbench55 (Post 668224)
My cover isn't like that. Maybe it was changed on the later builds.

Possible. A few other Canadian guys have had issues trying to install a CC because of the cover sticking forward more.


Sent from my iPhone 4S


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community