Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f198/)
-   -   Simple 2" Budget Boost (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f198/simple-2-budget-boost-4525.html)

caa0428 12-05-2009 11:23 PM

Simple 2" Budget Boost

Does anybody have any horror stories of lifting there WJ. I bought the limited edition rims and some 265/70/17 and im going to definetly need a two inch lift and a little bumper trim. Are there any side effects other than a little more body roll and slower accleration?

OBXJeep 12-06-2009 07:47 PM

Re: Simple 2" Budget Boost

I've got a 2.25" BB setup on my WK and I haven't had any problems yet. I've taken it out on the beach a few times since and I've put a few miles on it. Around 7k. Still good.

caa0428 12-11-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OBXJeep (Post 112580)
I've got a 2.25" BB setup on my WK and I haven't had any problems yet. I've taken it out on the beach a few times since and I've put a few miles on it. Around 7k. Still good.

Did you put it on your self or did you take it to a shop?

FlyinRyan 12-12-2009 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OBXJeep (Post 112580)

WK is completely different than a WJ. Apples to oranges.

My WJ is lifted, 2" in the front, 1" in the back , plus UC coils all around. It sits level. I run 255/65/17's, but thats mainly because I bought the tires shortly before I lifted it. I could definitely get away with a larger tire.

I've had the lift for about 30k now. I have commuted 150 miles a day on the highway for the last 2.5 years (part-time/seasonal), and I've had no drivability issues. That being said, I spent alot of money to do it right the first time. There is nothing "budget" about a budget boost.

Spend a little $$$$ on some quality shocks (I made the mistake of buying POS Rubicon Express Twin Tubes- the two front shocks blew within 10k), get the JKS Adjustable Track Bar with Kevin's Super Hard bushings, do the DoubleJZ shock mod to whatever rear shocks you buy, and make sure coils are seated properly in the perches...otherwise you'll be pulling your hair out diagnosing random bump steer issues.

I installed the lift myself with the help of a friend.

caa0428 12-12-2009 06:52 PM

About how long did it take to install it with your friend?

canyanman 12-13-2009 06:29 PM

I've had a 2.5 bb on my jeep for almost 2 years now and I didn't do shocks or anything else. The only issues I had was my driveshaft, I have the cv style on both ends and the increased angle will wear those out faster than normal. I am just getting ready to order shocks now cause they are finally getting bad, I do some mild wheeling but thats about it. it takes a couple hours to install is all