Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Need help with future upgrades (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/need-help-with-future-upgrades-45291.html)

mbt12 07-28-2012 11:34 PM

Need help with future upgrades

While browsing this board two things have really caught my eye, but being very inexperienced I can't figure out a real price or difficulty for either. My two future projects are:

1) Katzkin. I am dying to have it, just haven't found a place to purchase/install it. Anyone know of a place to order?

2) Auto Climate Control. I found a good price (less than $200), but installing scares me. I have never taken off anything on my dash and don't want to break anything. Besides that it sounds like it is just plug and play.

Other things I have been looking at but have questions about are:

Remote Start - What is the typical dealer cost and will they just give me a new key fob with the remote start button on there?

430 or 720 Radio - The install is the scary part for me. I have found plenty options I would be willing to buy.

If anyone has any idea about these upgrades or want to ease my fears please chime in. I am new to the jeep and upgrading world and want to do things right. Thanks!

Scottina06 07-29-2012 01:35 AM

Re: Need help with future upgrades

check katzkin.com for recommended installlers

your dealer can install everything you mentioned

gc4x4 07-30-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbt12 (Post 662628)
While browsing this board two things have really caught my eye, but being very inexperienced I can't figure out a real price or difficulty for either. My two future projects are:

1) Katzkin. I am dying to have it, just haven't found a place to purchase/install it. Anyone know of a place to order? \

I ordered my Katzkin kit from Shopsar.com for $789 plus free ship
and i had my local upholstery guy install them.

2) Auto Climate Control. I found a good price (less than $200), but installing scares me. I have never taken off anything on my dash and don't want to break anything. Besides that it sounds like it is just plug and play.

I installed the Auto climate control in my Laredo and it works perfect, I only had to trim two slots on either side of the connecter.
Check wk2jeeps.com for trim removal help.

Other things I have been looking at but have questions about are:

Remote Start - What is the typical dealer cost and will they just give me a new key fob with the remote start button on there?

Im having the mopar remote start installed and it comes with two new keys with the remote start button on them. The remote start kit cost me $250 dunno about labor will find out shortly as im having it installed.:confused:

430 or 720 Radio - The install is the scary part for me. I have found plenty options I would be willing to buy.

I installed the 430N radio and it is plug in play, my jeep already had voice command with the microphone so i didn't need to add anything- works perfect.

If anyone has any idea about these upgrades or want to ease my fears please chime in. I am new to the jeep and upgrading world and want to do things right. Thanks!

The best site for info is this site and wk2jeeps.com
feel free to ask any questions and i or someone else can help you.
Welcome

mbt12 07-30-2012 06:56 PM

Thanks for the help gc4x4, that website looks like a great resource. I just hope I can find someone to install it for cheap.

I will definitely keep all the other upgrades on my list.d Keep me updated on the remote start!