Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Laredo Prewired for Keyless Go? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/laredo-prewired-for-keyless-go-45354.html)

gc4x4 07-29-2012 04:41 PM

Laredo Prewired for Keyless Go?

My 12' Laredo didn't come with keyless go, however i want to add it, but i need to know if the wiring is there in the hatch and front doors for the proximity buttons? and also for the PEM module? I want to do this while the dealer is installing my remote start so figured this would be the perfect time.. Thanks:thumbsup:

RageOfFury 07-29-2012 05:00 PM

Re: Laredo Prewired for Keyless Go?

Why didn't you get Keyless Enter-N-Go from the start? It will be a major pain in the you know what to install and likely more expensive then if you had bought a Jeep already equipped with it.

gc4x4 07-29-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RageOfFury (Post 662878)
Why didn't you get Keyless Enter-N-Go from the start? It will be a major pain in the you know what to install and likely more expensive then if you had bought a Jeep already equipped with it.

because the dealer only had this one jeep in brilliant black and i figured i would upgrade it with only the options i wanted. Ive gotten lucky with the auto climate control being plug n play, now i hope the keyless go is the same...:confused:

Stickyhandball 07-29-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gc4x4 (Post 662920)
because the dealer only had this one jeep in brilliant black and i figured i would upgrade it with only the options i wanted. Ive gotten lucky with the auto climate control being plug n play, now i hope the keyless go is the same...:confused:

Auto climate plug n play?! ...snap.
I don't even care for it, but the standard controls just look cheap.

xJoshxx 07-29-2012 08:22 PM

Does your jeep have the little button on the door handle?

if not i would say your SOL sir.

They are always other dealers I'm sure they could of gotten you one.

solodogg 07-29-2012 08:44 PM

SOL? Probably not. Difficult, possibly. I can't imagine all of that being prewired, but you never know. It would require replacing the door handles, ignition switch, rear chrome strip, and whatever controller/programming issues would arise. It would be expensive.

BTW, might as well add the backup camera at the same time too!

gc4x4 07-29-2012 08:45 PM

meh, im going to talk to the dealer and see if the keyless go can be added when they install my remote start and most importantly how much?? It irks me that chrysler would take away keyless go from being standard on all trims..:mad:

padgett 07-29-2012 09:32 PM

They were matching prices with Ford.

Mongoose9400 07-29-2012 10:01 PM

I don't understand people settling for a car when they know it doesn't have the options they want. Cars these days are harder and harder to integrate missing features into. So many systems are tied together and with everything running through the can bus (or other networks) in the car. You just gotta buy want you want in the beginning.

Anywho, good luck in your quest. I'm sure it's gonna cost quite a lot more to add.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

JTS97Z28 07-29-2012 10:31 PM

^^^ I agree 100%. If buying new why settle for anything less than exactly what you want. Grand Cherokee's are everywhere.

I wouldn't even know where to begin to add keyless access. Lots of modules, sensors, parts, probably has specific programming as well. Wish I could say it was simple, but I would say the simplest thing to do would be go buy a Jeep equipped to your liking.

gc4x4 07-29-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 663056)
^^^ I agree 100%. If buying new why settle for anything less than exactly what you want. Grand Cherokee's are everywhere.

I wouldn't even know where to begin to add keyless access. Lots of modules, sensors, parts, probably has specific programming as well. Wish I could say it was simple, but I would say the simplest thing to do would be go buy a Jeep equipped to your liking.

I'm going to talk to the dealer and find out the feasibility of adding it, it wont be a big deal if it cant be done. I just want to know if the wiring is there or not.:mad:

gc4x4 07-30-2012 05:06 PM

My Jeep is going to the dealer the morning to get the remote start installed, they are going to check and see if they can add and program the PEM module to give me passive entry and push button start. Well see what happens, ill give an update once i find out.(fingers crossed):confused: