Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Just a Wheel Gripe (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/just-a-wheel-gripe-45379.html)

scooterha 07-30-2012 06:40 AM

Just a Wheel Gripe

1 Attachment(s)
I understand that Jeep/Dodge are all Chrysler/Fiats brands, but i recently bought a 2012 Grand Cherokee Laredo. Love the car and I bought the Laredo instead of a limited because the 20in wheel package is awesome. As I was driving the other I saw two Dodge Durango's on a dealer lot with the same wheels. I was NOT happy to see this. Jeep is suppose to be the brand with Chrysler that is set aside from all the other Chrysler brands. WHY oh WHY is Chrysler putting these same wheels on the Durango??? :mad:

Jdsmitty10 07-30-2012 07:12 AM

Re: Just a Wheel Gripe

That why I bought a limited with the overland 20's... I cross shopped durangos and knew this prior to my purchase.. Plus I liked the overland 20's better and for a measly 700 or so dollar option it was a no brainer for me...

SMG1 07-30-2012 07:16 AM

I don't know what say other than to ask if you realize that you could have gotten the Limited with the optional 20" wheels that are standard on the Overland and "exclusive" to Jeep. That's if, as you say, your only reason for going with the Laredo was because of the 20" wheel package.

(Looks like Jdsmitty10 beat me to it)

scooterha 07-30-2012 07:39 AM

Yea, I realized I could have gotten the limited with the overland 20's which are nice, but for some reason I loved these wheels. Jdsmitty10 if I would have shopped like you did I may have just gotten the standard 18's on the limited, but I'm happy with my Jeep and wheels, ah well right!

JRNYC 07-30-2012 07:47 AM

Hey those rims look horrible on the durango anyway. They look fly on your Jeep though.

scooterha 07-30-2012 07:56 AM

Hey man thanks! I agree with you with the way the look on the Durango, although the Durango's are nice, still like my Grand much better!

JTS97Z28 07-30-2012 11:52 AM

Or you could have bought the exact Jeep you wanted and purchased a set of any wheel you wanted on eBay or Craigslist or whatever. Swapping wheels is simple. Infact I have a set of new SRT8 wheels and tires in my garage that I have used on my Overland.

scooterha 07-30-2012 06:46 PM

I did get the exact Jeep I wanted, I loved the wheels on the Laredo 20in package i just didnt realize they werent exclusive to Jeep until I saw them a couple of weeks later on the Durango's. Another reason I didnt purchase the Laredo X, Limited, or Overland was I didn'd like the leather seat color options available. Katzkin is going to be putting in a two tone leather for me. I love my Jeep except a few minor things!!!

kkreit01 07-31-2012 10:18 AM

If you want exclusive wheels, buy aftermarket. Otherwise, there will always be wheels just like yours. I don't really see this as a gripe. If you pop the hood, it will also be the same under there.

FAUEE 07-31-2012 10:35 AM

I'm a little surprised the Citadel wheels haven't found their way to anything else yet. They're a nice looking set of wheels too.

kevster 07-31-2012 05:58 PM

the wheels you have on your Jeep are the Durango 70 yr anniversary 20 inch wheel, I have them too and Jeep is using them, no big deal, they look Boss.. love my Jeep Loredo X pkg.

HemiFan 07-31-2012 06:29 PM

Nice looking setup you have. I love that jeep is offering this package with the laredos.